“JUST ANOTHER EXPENSIVE SAVANNAH RESTAURANT”

River House Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
River House Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 859 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Experience genuine Savannah flavor while dining in an 1820's King Cotton Warehouse watching the merchant ships float by. Enjoy local favorites such as crispy scored flounder, shrimp & grits, filet mignon and fresh lobster. Save room for our signature desserts including praline cheesecake, pecan pie and bananas foster.
three way tn
“JUST ANOTHER EXPENSIVE SAVANNAH RESTAURANT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

GREAT STAFF, terrific attention to detail. The food somewhat average but I almost upped the rating to very good because of the apps.
excellent calamari in a well seasoned red onion sauce......really different and nice.
skip the dessert and focus on the apps.............your wallet will thank you and you might even wanna go back, unlike most of savannah's overpriced restaurants.
Scallops excellent - perfectly seasoned / tender........a bit large in size........bigger isn't always better folks.

Trenton, Ohio
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

There are so many restaurants to choose from on the Riverwalk but I am so glad we chose to have lunch at the River House. It is a unique place, housed in an old cotton factory so the decor is very charming. I had the crab cake burger and my husband had the fried green tomato B LT. Both were outstanding!! The service was great. I would highly recommend.

2 Thank ConnieTrentonOH
United States
“Fantastic bread pudding!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on July 4th and were seated within minutes. I had the surf and turf w/ filet and crab cake was excellent! The best part of meal was the dessert, I had bread pudding and my husband had the pecan pie, both excellent! I would probably stop there again but for dessert only:)

Southern Pines, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too much food for too much money, but tasty!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Enjoyed a nice meal with my family on July 4 arriving at 6pm and avoided the lines. Nice service; Kind waiter and another gent (manager?) came around to see that we were happy. I would prefer a main dish half the size and half the price. Rather expensive for the quality. A health conscious moderate eating middle aged mom, two ravenous teens & ten year old who ate off the kids menu all couldn't finish our main dish - massive portions!

Calamari was a touch overdone, but they didn't care and loved it! Caesar salads a bit pale, limp and watery but fish over pasta was surprisingly tasty! The brocollini was cooked perfectly but one stalk not enough for volume veggie eaters. Wonderful biscuitish muffins for the table, if you are a bread eater. When are we Americans going to stop valuing volume over quality? Better than I expected considering the location and occasion but I won't go again.

1 Thank Melissa H
Fort Valley, Georgia
“Excellent Food but Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have never had to wait anytime that I went to this restaurant, which to me is a good thing because (1) I want good service (2) I don't like to wait 30-45 minutes or more to be seated like at some of the other establishments on River Street. The food is great. They used to serve a pumpkin biscuit but they change up the bread I guess. My staple favorite is the grouper with parmesean grits. It has spinach and some other vegetables. The sweet tea is also very good. The only downside is yes, it is pricey. The grouper plate is around 24-27 dollars but it is very filling. I disagree with other reviewers who see the lack of a crowd as an indicator that it is not a great restaurant. It is not some place that you will find teenage or college spring breakers, so if you are looking for a party hardy crowd, this is not your type of place. If you are looking for a quiet place, somewhat rustic, with great food, this is your spot.

• Visited June 2013