“WOW !!! southern warmth and comfort !!”

Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
Ranked #24 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
tampa
“WOW !!! southern warmth and comfort !!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

we have travelled all over the world and have stayed at all various chains and this location has come to the topof our list but by reading various reviews of this place - we had initiallly went to another location - but after the first night changed and came here !! what a difference in everything ! when we came in they had a room picked out and then when we asked to change to a different one - they did it with no problem - especially seeing as this was coming into the holiday weekend - whatever anyone has said about this place that was not good - forget it - the rooms were more than enough in size and comfort.. we came with our son who had to use the sleeper... the hotel offered to add some additional comfort to the sleeper and it made a world of difference for him -it is in the perfect spot for using the various trolley/bus pickups... right outside of the hotel
- this was even for the " dot" service - which is great to use because its " free" and you can get around on the "off and on system" without a problem - hotel had suggestions for where to eat and what to make sure you did see.. the front desk personnel were so nice and helpful even in the bar lounge they were all very real & proud of their city.will be coming back again...

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the park...and the corner suites are really great for families...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mcmarty40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This property is perfect if you desire to be away from the business and noise of River street. The hotel has trolley stop right next to the hotel. Also they have free private car service to take guest to river street. It does require advance notice but doesn't most transportation. The property decor is exceptional with historical value. How many hotels have an art museum inside of them? Also the history of the property is very interesting. Loved the valet team. They are such gentlemen. Staff very attentive to your needs. I especially love the fruit infused water and cookies in the lobby. Nice touch. Absolutely loved the bathroom of the room. Impeccable cleanliness noted throughout the hotel. If you are like me and desire a little morning exercise while on vacation then it is perfect. It is right across the street from the park. Also a nice walk to River street. Enjoy the scenic views. Better yet bring your bike and go green and decrease your carbon foot prints. Also great way to work of the great food you will find around Savannah.

Room Tip: My favorite room is on the first floor near the pool. Rooms with windows that open out to this area...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Mansion. It was a bit further from the historic district, but I enjoyed that is encouraged me to take different routes to head towards the river. All the staff was attentive and I enjoyed the fun little extras like the infused water and sweet tea in the lobby, homemade fresh cookies. The beds are comfy, the bathroom is huge, but the walls are thin. The best part? The hotel is an art museum. I've never seen so many amazing pieces of unusual art. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We liked the décor and room at the Mansion, but were disappointed by the distance to River Street and the service from the valet team. We would recommend this hotel to people uninterested in nightlife as it's further away from Historic Savannah. If you are interested in night life, we recommend the sister hotel, The Bohemian on River Street. We are thankful for to Kia at the front desk for her great service and attention to our requests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s décor and that you would recommend us to your friends. Also, we are pleased that Kia was able to assist you throughout your visit.

Swan Point, Maryland
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was the third time that my group reserved three rooms at the Mansion for three adults. I made the reservations in November 2012 for our trip in May 13. I speciifically requested the three rooms be together or at least on the same floor as each of us are single travels who take care of each other. Our rooms were not only not together but on different floors. All were inside rooms with a view of another side of the building. Rooms were average and not of the caliber we were given in the past. When I spoke to the desk clerk, I was told that we should have requested upgrades. I did receive an email about two weeks prior to our trip and immediately requested this; however, was told there were no upgrades available. The Mansion was a big disappointment and I would advise others making reservations to be very specific on the accommodations they wish. While the staff was polite, they didn't really seem too interested in making any future offers. Also, when we arrived, we discovered there was a big wedding while we were there. We will most likely consider to stay elsewhere in the future. The price is NOT worth it.

Room Tip: When making reservations, be specific. Request a room facing the park if that is important to you a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I was sad to learn of your recent experience while staying with us at The Mansion on Forsyth Park. I tried reaching you by phone but was unable to connect with you. It is always our goal to honor our guest’s requests so that we many not only meet your expectation but exceed it. I understand that we failed in that department for you. Please accept my apology. Although I know it can never truly make up for what you encountered I offer it to you with complete sincerity.

Please know that we take every guest comment seriously and value your opinion. We are committed to excellence and use your feedback to reach that goal.

London, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is located in front of the beautiful Forsyth Park and a very scenic 20 minute walk to River Street, which is filled with many restaurants and caffes.

During the walk you get to see and experience all of the Savannah's history.
You can also take a shuttle down to its sister hotel The Bohemian which is located in River Street.

The hotel itself has a lot of history and southern charm. Many believe it is haunted. The rooms are spacious with great views and are very clean. Staff was helpful and friendly.

All in all a great trip, and we would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A recount of my stay at the Mansion.
1) Booked on their website for a concierge floor at $385 a night which forces you to prepay for your room...with a complete refund if you cancel 24 hours AFTER your booking of the reservation.
2) Arrived around 3pm to find that the entire pool area was covered in a tent for a wedding and a sign saying that the pool would be closed at 5pm for an event. This hotel is built around the pool so that was disappointing. More about the wedding later.
3) Booked a massage for my spouse and I at the in house spa. Had nice treatment there, until the bill arrived and they had tacked on a mandatory 20% tip. Now I am typically quite gracious with my tips, however, that is my choice and should not be made for me. There was zero mention of this in the pricing on their website or on the price sheet at the counter.
4) Leave room around 7 for dinner and literally have to fight our way out of the lobby due to the spillover from the wedding party - 90% whom were not staying at this hotel.
5) Return to hotel around 9:30 for a nightcap to find that the wedding party cash bar has been set up litterally right in the middle of the small lobby bar with 30 people standing in line for drinks. The ballroom doors are all wide open to the lobby - so if we had wanted to sit at the bar and have our nightcap, we would be forced to scream to have a conversation.
6) Decide to skip drink. Head up to room to get some sleep for a 730 am flight.
7) Just get to sleep around midnight - awaken by screaming outside the hotel. Figure out that it is the wedding crowd. Walk downstairs to see if something can be done about the noise. Was very indignantly told that this was a wedding facility. My response was "sorry I was mistaken, thought it was a hotel". Noise continues till 2am. Screaming and cursing.
8) Leave hotel around 6am for my flight with a whopping three hours of sleep. Mention to the front desk clerk that I was very unhappy with the setting and circumstances and that I did not feel that the experience came anywhere close to the nearly $400 they charged me for a month in advance. He said he could not do anything because it had been prepaid - which seems rather ironic. Told me that when his boss came in they would adjust the bill and send me a copy via email. "We will make it right".
9) Get off flight home and open email to find a HUGE $20 credit. So very impressed.

In recap - if you are getting married this is a wonderful place. It is obviously the hotel's priority. If you want a hotel, book the Motel 6 or the Thunderbird - you might actually enjoy it.

A little side note. I travel approximately 100 nights a year, all over the world at luxury properties, and have for 20 plus years. I have never felt compelled to sit down and write a bad review...ever. Congratulations Mansion

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Matt D
Elisa D, Front Office Manager at Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to correspond with me regarding your recent experience. We are working diligently to resolve the issues you shared with me. I’m also glad that we were able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make your next experience with us above and beyond your expectations.

Regards,