“Not near the standard I expect from a top of the line lodging!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection

Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Florida
“Not near the standard I expect from a top of the line lodging!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed here before and this time was such a difference from the first time! if it were reversed, I would have never stayed here again. Nightstand and desktop were dirty upon our checking in and three days later they were still dirty. Yes, I could have cleaned them but at this price, hello, I expect CLEAN! Lovely shower except for the mold growing in the grout lines! Considering the number of properties available in Savannah, this one needs to step it up a notch! Yes, it is a nice location but you do have to get in your car to go just about anywhere. So why pay their price when you can pay the same and WALK to River Street and other attractions?? Very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gagal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
London, U.K.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The decor seemed tacky at first, but then we thought it was just meant to be funky fun and went with it.

Our room, on the concierge level, was fine, though attention to detail was needed: two lightbulbs were out upon arrival. No shower caps were provided. We could have asked, yes, but who wants to do that as you are getting ready to step in the shower? No amenities like cotton tips, etc. Bed was comfortable. Had to call room services to open the locked windows.

We purchased a movie but found the screen strangely dark. We were unable to adjust brightness with the remote, so we called guest services. A technician arrived quickly but he was also unable to change it. He said he would get a new remote and be right back. He never came back! At that point we gave up.

Nice location and the staff were friendly, but we weren't impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our room was luxurious with every amenity. Bose radio, coffee maker, complimentary bottle of wine, terry robes. Lotion, shampoo, conditioner, bottled water, coffee restocked every day at no charge. Beautiful linens and comfortable bed and pillows. Artwork and the way it's displayed is beautiful. Furniture and accessories are gorgeous. Ashley at the front desk went out of her way to give us recommendations for restaurants and directions to areas we wanted to see. Highly recommend this elegant boutique hotel. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the Forsythe Park view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My stay was very average. I'm still trying to understand why this hotel is a part of the autograph collection. When leaving the hotel to explore Savannah, I had to ask for my car. No one greeted me while I stood for 5 minutes to ask for my ticket. I had to ask the valet to do his job. The valet manager is horrible. She needs to take a couple of customer service classes. Everyone at the front was very pleasant and helpful. My room overall was okay. The hotel looks very nice on the surface, but they really need to do some spring cleaning. I think the staff could learn a few things about customer service from "The Ritz" in Charlotte, NC. The first night I checked in I was placed on the first floor by the front desk which was loud and horrible. Did I mention my seven month old was with me and we had to listen to someone singing next door until four in the morning. I asked the guy at the front desk if this was going to be a loud location. Some of the staff weren't engaging at all. I got better service at "The Bohemian" and I wasn't even a guest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The hotel is nice, but not special. Our room was large but very dark - why won't hotels invest in better lighting? There was not even a bedside table and reading lamp on my side of the bed. Our room faced the street and could be quite noisy with all of the guests' arrivals and departures. If you go, request an inner room. We had breakfast in the dining room and although the food was fine, service was painfully slow. Overall, an okay experience, but I would stay somewhere else if I go back to Savannah.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, our room was not quite ready. We did get there right at 4 so this wasnt too unusual. For the inconvenience, the front desk walked us to the bar and arranged for drinks on the house while we waited. Once in our room, they called within 15 minutes to make sure our room met with satisfaction. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels (this is a 4 star), and not a one has done that. That was a nice touch. The room was not large but it wasnt small either. It met our needs, and the beds were very comfortable. We purchased the breakfast package, and one day we went over our $30 credit by less than $5 and the other day we were under. The breakfast was good, and the service was wonderful. I would have eaten there even if not staying at the hotel. The location is great. Forsyth Park is right across the street, and there is even a cafe for snacks and coffee there. Also check out Sentient Bean at the end of the park. I preferred this quiet location to the noise of downtown. The walk to downtown wasnt bad if you are the active type. You see a lot more that way too. Park on the street, and skip the valet. I usually use the valet, but with available parking it didnt make sense. I would definitely stay here again. It was quiet, chic, and priced fairly

• Stayed March 2013
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed 3 nights for a wedding. The wedding reception was organized well and the food was great. The rooms are nice.

Staff on the other hand lack customer service and follow up. Seems to be a management issue.

Front desk not very welcoming, seem to be more concerned with typing on the computers. Mini bar items were not removed from our room after asking 3 different people (traveling with young children). Breakfast service was average with items forgotten. Rental car was damaged by valet and they didn't report it.

Nice location and property. Let down by staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family