“Unique hotel”

Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My mother and I enjoyed a wonderful "girls" weekend here. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the beds extremely comfortable, but the bathrooms are interesting. With the exception of some chiffon type curtains separating the bathroom area from the sleeping area, the bathrooms do not provide privacy. Both the shower and the room that houses the "toilet" are glass. It’s a good thing my mother and I are close :).

The amenities of the hotel are beautiful. There is an outdoor area that has several sitting areas with high end patios sets that are tented by what appears to be a white "silk" type tent. We sat outside a majority of the time we were at the hotel. The lounge was a bit cold in temperature for us. The lounge has a great food and drink menu and the service is great (Josh, the bartender was wonderful).

Overall, great hotel, great amenties and great service...great experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank dawn829

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I were blown away by our weekend in savannah. As first time visitors, to this charming city, we were impressed by the hospitality we received from the locals and your helpful staff. Our shuttle driver Nick's recommendations allowed us to experience savannah off the typical tourist track. We loved our room, overlooking the beautiful Forsyth park, and had a delicious dinner our first night at 700 Drayton. The mansion will definitely be in our future travel plans!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a very nice hotel in Savannah. I stayed here for a business trip. The rooms are very comfortable and it's a nice location within walking distance of historic area. Forsyth park is just across the street from the hotel. Very nice park to walk in. We saw small dogs in the hote. Looks like a dog friendly hotel. The breakfast at the hotel was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaFortMyers
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in Savannah for 2 days during a family driving trip. I have never been and wasn't sure where to stay. I loved the pictures of this hotel - the decor etc which is the main reason I booked it. I have to say - it was awesome. Our daughter was 7 at the time. Our room was fabulous - the beds were amazing and the bathroom was luxurious. The pool was small but very relaxing as is the outside courtyard. I went to the spa and was able to book a pedicure for me and my daughter. Wasn't sure if she could enjoy some R & R with mom due to her age. But they were very accommodating and treated her like a princess. It was her first pedicure and it was heavenly. As for location - The main part of Savannah is not crazy big that you cannot walk around. It was the heat that prevented us from doing that. We went in August and it was very hot. Although there is a trolly that we took and it stops right outside our hotel. We were able to get on and off at different places - making it easy to explore the main sites. Our driver was very knowledgeable with is "history tour" which we enjoyed very much. Savannah is very beautiful and this was a great alternative to walking. Whatever the price was (minimal i believe) it was well worth it. My husband though did head out in early morning and walked around a lot.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. I would certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Apparently if you book on the second floor you get your own butler.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were looking for a nice couples getaway and this was the right choice for hotel. Its in the quieter part of Savannah with a shuttle every 30 minutes to take you to the busier, noiser Historic District.
We could wake up and cross the street to old fort for Starbucks to sit and enjoy at Forsyth park and then make our way to wahtever tourist attractions we had in mind.
The rooms are lovely and renovated but they kept the old victoria feel to them.
The pool is smaller but does the trick. The bartender was great. There were usually afternoon cookies and juice but the receiption and fresh fruit to take.
We ate at their restaurant for a breakfast and a dinner and enjoyed both thoroughly!

Room Tip: We were over looking the pool and was nice to be on the ground (no elevator)but one early morning th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Mansion over Labor Day weekend after finding a stunner of a package online. Our package included a couples massage, breakfast and dinner at the adjoining restaurant, 700 Drayton all for a fabulous price. The concierge was extremely helpful (and persistent since we ended up playing phone tag for a few days!) coordinating our stay and activities. We loved our room (second floor, park view) and feel that is could have only been improved by a move to a higher floor to provide a better view. The bathroom set up is eclectic, with a large bath tub and open floor plan into the main sleeping area. There are curtains to pull close, but just keep in mind if you prefer more privacy.

Our breakfasts at 700 Drayton were some of our favorite culinary experiences while in Savannah! I tried something different everyday including the best pancakes I’ve ever had. Additionally, we had dinner there on a Saturday night. The food was delicious, the waiter was attentive and the wine was plentiful! It’s a gorgeous restaurant in the original mansion, so even if you are not eating there, go over and check it out in the morning. The staff was more than accommodating to let me poke around. There’s a bar upstairs in addition to the bar in the hotel itself.

Our massages were uber -relaxing and we thoroughly enjoyed the small but cozy spa.

Some may feel that the location is too far outside of the happening riverside area, but for my husband and I (thirty-somethings), it was the perfect distance to be close to the action, but far enough away to relax. Every morning, we departed the hotel lobby, turned right and took Bull St. straight to the attractions that we wanted to see. It’s a gorgeous walk and was full of sightseeing in the late summer. At the end of the night, of if you want to start your day at the river, the Mansion runs a shuttle between their sister property, the Bohemian, which is located on the river. Just a note, you usually need to request a shuttle run as it doesn’t seem to run quite to a schedule.

The pool is great-looking but too small to be of much use. There are only about 8 lounge chairs and they fill up quick. It was still nice to lounge for a bit in the afternoon after a busy day of seeing the town.

A tip for getting to/from airport: We did not rent a car and were very glad we could skip the hassle and costs for car/parking/gas. We took the K-Shuttle which is a newer town car type of service available near the car rental counters at the airport. We arranged for private roundtrip service for less than the cost of a cab (2 people)! Drivers were courteous and on-time.

All-in-all, we loved the Mansion and would absolutely come back. The service was excellent and the property is gorgeous.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it's hard to see much past the trees in front of the window.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Eshichoo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Having had the opportunity to have stayed in Inverlochy in Scotland, Danglaterre in Copenhagen and Daneli in Venice The Mansion is now my first 6star hotel. I was absolutely astounded with wherever my eyes fell. From the entry and the back lit stunning onyx to the columns and the art work. I did like the original furniture in the bar and wish it would return. However, the service, the food at the restaurant, the corner room. we had and views is the park were wonderful.It is the artwork that you fall in love with. The ambience from entry to exit loved every second.
Kessler does a magnificent job.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the corner facing the park with sofa. I do not know if they are all as spacious an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends