“great restaurant on the waterfront”
Review of Shrimp Factory

Shrimp Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Shrimp Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 869 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: CAT, DOT and Free Downtown Trolley accessible
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1977, the Shrimp Factory is a Casual, Friendly, Fine Dining Restaurant overlooking the Savannah Riverfront, where you can "Watch The Ships Go By!" as you enjoy the finest in local seafood. We invite you to enjoy the atmosphere, the view, and some regional culinary delights.
Marshall, Michigan, United States
“great restaurant on the waterfront”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Husband and I had lunch there after the holidays. I had the shrimp and sausage, while he had the seafood pot (succulent seafood served in a pot-it is one of the house specialties). Our waiter was very good and attentive (without being hovering). Both of our meals were excellent-my only suggestion is that they serve some hard bread with the food-it was all the same consistency and could have really benefitted from a cruncy texture. The hostess that seated us seemed a little put off when I asked for a seat closer to the window-she had tried to seat us in the back, next to a couple with a toddler. Sorry, but when spending over $30 for lunch I expect some ambience.

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Largo, Florida
“Love this restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Made a short trip to Savannah with my husband and two friends. My husband and I have been there several times and always have dinner at the Shrimp Factory on River Street. We decided to take our friends there and again we had a wonderful dinner. My friends were both delighted with their meals. Just so happens we were there on a Wednesday night and the waiter handed us a buy one get one free certificate. How lucky were we!!! The Caesar Salad is tossed in a giant bowl at your table and is always fantastic. My husband and I both had the seafood platter and could not finish it all. The hush puppies alone are great. We can't wait till our next trip back to Savannah so that we can visit our favorite restaurant again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank BBLEAB
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Great Service”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

wonderful food, great service would come back when in the area again Everything we ordered was terrific!

Henderson, Nevada
“Great Food on River Street”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

While walking River Street we tried the Shrimp Factory and were pleasantly surprised! The service was outstanding, and food was extremely good. Our server "Karen" went out of her way to assist us with everything we needed, pointed out people's favorites on the menu and a little history on how their food is prepared.

Please put this on your must do list when visiting Savannah!

Apopka, Florida
“Will definitely be back”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We really liked the Shrimp Factory. We loved their blueberry muffins and the Caesar Salad was of course delicious. I was a little disappointed with the shrimp and crab bisque. It was a little thin and a bit bland. The fried shrimp was great and they had fantastic hush puppies. Staff was wonderful!!! Thanks for a great lunch.