“Disappointed..” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shrimp Factory

Shrimp Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Shrimp Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: CAT, DOT and Free Downtown Trolley accessible
Description: Locally owned and operated since 1977, the Shrimp Factory is a Casual, Friendly, Fine Dining Restaurant overlooking the Savannah Riverfront, where you can "Watch The Ships Go By!" as you enjoy the finest in local seafood. We invite you to enjoy the atmosphere, the view, and some regional culinary delights.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointed..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to River St. and it was very busy. We walked up and down the street and this place had the least wait time so we decided to give it a try. I thought the prices were very high for the average food we were served. I got the Fried Shrimp with rice and I was not impressed at all, in fact I left 5 shrimps on my plate. I do have to say the sourdough bread was pretty good. If you like Cesar salad, the meal came with a huge plate of salad. Unfortunately for me I don't like Cesar salad and I wish there had been another choice. I will mention that my husband liked the salmon but said it was not as good as the one he usually gets from our local Longhorns Steakhouse. Basically for the price the food here did not measure up.

I know it was a busy night but the service was just not that great. We sat a good ten minutes at the table before we were ever waited on. Our glasses were all empty for quite a while and we had to ask for refills.

This place was very forgettable and we will not be back. I really hate we wasted our only night on River St at this place.

• Polish first
deltona fl
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

It was restaurant week so I got the special. The bisque was really good. Loved the bread with cheese spread. The bread pudding was delcious. Fast friendly attentive service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“I should have known better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We walked by this place several times and it was empty, which should have been a sign to us but, due to reasons not worth mentioning, we had dinner there. The food was average and uninspired but the "poor" rating has to do with the ridiculous prices. The entrees averaged $28 for a Red Lobster menu. Run away.

Visited February 2013
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Experience does Not fit the Name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Shrimp Factory on River Street in Savannah sounded like a great place to go on a Saturday afternoon with our grandaughter! Just the name made us think of Outstanding Shrimp in a neat atmosphere right on the river.
The place is very, very dark. The staff seemed polite but unenthusiastic. The menu for lunch was pricey. The bathrooms didn't have that "fresh" smell everybody wants.
Most importantly, the shrimp was completely average...might as well have been at a cafeteria or a Denny's! My husband's club sandwich was "so-so." hushpuppies (always a favorite) were not good at all.
Summing it up, when you go to a special place like River Street, you expect more from the specialty restaurants than usual. The Shrimp Factory is a big let-down all the way around.

• Visited February 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Food ok but stop for the PUNCH!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

The food at the Shrimp Factory wasn't incredibly memorable. It is, however, right on Bay Street and a great place to stop for the Chatham Artillery Punch!!(see my photo of the recipe) It's pretty good and sneaks up on you fast. It's a must have on a trip to downtown Savannah.

• Visited April 2012