“Good food. Great view. ”

Huey's On The River
Ranked #95 of 939 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Huey’s was a great place for lunch. We had the shrimp and grits and Muffuletta. The shrimp and grits were good. The view is great. I’d recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,589)

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Great food, the prices are reasonable for the superb tasting food. Everything on the menu tastes great. I would definitely recommend the shrimp and grits, the salmon on grits, and the chicken sandwich. The desserts are very tasty, the beignets are tantalizing with the caramel sauce. Please ask for Dave, as he is an excellent server.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

I took 10 people to this restaurant on a Sunday morning. The food was varied enough so that everyone found something they liked. Our beignets were hot and delicious with the praline sauce. Our server, Monica, did a great job bringing fresh food, wrangling empty dishes, and just generally taking care of all of us. It was a great experience on a crowded, busy morning.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

I visited Huey's for a late lunch. My server was extremely helpful and attentive. I had the crab cake eggs benedict with green friend tomatoes and tried grits for the first time. This location provides a nice view of the river.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Had great service, very helpful and very attentive. All three of use had mediocre food. I had the jambalaya. The pasta was soft and way over cooked, the fish was dry but the rest was good. Another had the salmon and it was dry and over cooked as well. And the other person had the chicken salad special and was dry as well, lack of mayo. I’ve been they 6 or 7 years earlier and it was very good. This time not so good maybe because it was Labor Day weekend and it was very crowded — a 45 min wait.