“Really enjoyed this place for dinner”

Huey's On The River
Ranked #59 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were suggested this place by a lady who worked at our hotel and we were all really happy. The service was excellent and our waiter was a handsome gentlemen who has very helpful. We never once waited for refills, which for me is a big deal. The fried green tomatoes were excellent and I'm convinced they would have been even better if the tomatoes were in season. The fried catfish was some of the greatest catfish I have ever had. The price is what I would expect for fresh seafood and I was pleased.

There are newer reviews for Huey's On The River

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This restaurant was convenient to our hotel and we ate two breakfasts and one lunch here. The food, service and value were all good.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Enjoyed a New Orleans style breakfast complete with grits…It has a great view of the river and the service was excellent..

1  Thank George M
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I should have read the reviews before we went here for dinner on March 10th. First of all, we were seated outside (at one of three tables) as soon as we walked in, which should have been my first red flag as River Street was packed and most places had a 30-45 minute wait. We were starving and saw a table open so we went there. Our waiter was very rude to the man who was shadowing her for training I assume. She went behind him and did everything the way she wanted it done and was very condescending to him right in front of us. We ordered our drinks which took a good 10 minutes to come out (it was a beer and a glass of wine...) then ordered our dinner to our waitress who was obviously completely uninterested. She was looking off into the distance and was more interested about what the man she was training was doing. It was really uncomfortable to be quite honest. I ordered the shrimp po boy and my boyfriend ordered the pasta jambalaya. My po boy was very disappointing, more bread than anything and had maybe four shrimp on it. His cornbread was ridiculously overcooked and mainly crumbs. His pasta was also mediocre at best. I am usually not picky, but this place was just not good...

1  Thank afoulke
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great menu, excellent coffee, and friendly, efficient service. We had over an hour's wait, but it's on the river and the day was warm and sunny so we passed the time pleasantly. Tip: come before 11 for quicker seating..