“Good Food”

Ranked #58 of 901 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Shrimp and grits were wonderful. It looks onto River Street so you can enjoy all the activity while dining.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,305)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We decided to eat here while exploring River St. Service was friendly and we had a nice table with a view of the river.

We started with the fried green tomatoes appetizer, which was okay. Had better elsewhere on this trip. For my entree I got the crawfish etoufee, which was a bit spicy but very tasty. My husband got the crab cake sandwich with sweet potato fries. The fries were good, but the sandwich was ruined by the bread. The crab cake itself was was pretty good, but the bun was almost something you could get from the grocery store. A nicer bun could help this thing ;) My son got the shrimp and oyster platter, which was very small considering the price. It was almost the same size as my other son's kids shrimp meal but almost $15 more! We were also given complimentary corn bread, but it was a little on the dry side. That being said, we did leave stuffed, but I still ordered a praline cheesecake to go since it sounded delicious. We ate it the next morning at the hotel and it was quite good.

For the location, it's decent food, but nothing to rave about.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We shared 3 binets with pecan sauce. They were yummy and it is worth paying for the sauce. I had never tried grits, but I had a side of their cheese grits. I am now a fan and will try them were offered. The omelette with spinach and artichoke hearts was delicious as was my husband's eggs Benedict. Not much of a view in the early morning as delivery trucks lined the street, but the music and atmosphere inside was nice.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nothing on River St. was what I expected. Huey's for lunch was the only thing I'd go back for. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. Our food was perfect. Service was good and the bustling atmosphere made for a memorable meal. Really good coffee.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Savannah, GA. We always take our out of town visitors here as the food is always great and the view of the River and River Street is awesome. Our favorites on the menu are the Jambalaya, Fried Green Tomatoes, Muffuletta (enough for two people), and of course the Beignets are the best! Save room for those at the end of the meal!