“Best Beignets Ever”

Ranked #59 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This place have the best Beignets Ever. Service was a little slow but it is so worth the weight. There is a great view of the river.. It is a relaxing place..

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The orange juice was fresh squeezed. Good grits and bignets. Service was good, prices a bit high, scenic views from window seats.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Fried green tomatoes were delicious. Muffuletta was ok but then we had the crab cakes which were fabulous. We can't wait to go back, there was a small wait but absolutely worth it.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were in town for a weekend after a conference I attended across the river. My girlfriend and I stayed next to Huey's and we had so many other recommendations from friends on where to dine that we didn't have time to visit Huey's until the last morning of our stay. Now we wished we had more time so we could have experienced dinner.

Obviously since the place offers New Orleans style cuisine, we had to try the beignets. OMG! They literally will melt in your mouth. It's a good thing we didn't eat more or we might not have been able leave the table because we had an anchor in our stomach.

After the beignets we ordered breakfast. My girlfriend had cheese grits and the andouille sausage, which was perfectly cooked. The sausage had a great flavor and each bite had that snap that you like when eating a sausage or hot dog. I had the eggs benedict with a side of parmesan garlic grits. The eggs benedict was perfect to my order (which was for the yoke to be cooked a little longer) and the grits were amazing. I could have eaten a bowl of those and been happy.

This is a wonderful little place (and I do mean little) that is worth a stop during your visit. We're hoping to try their dinner service the next time we come to town. Great food and very attentive service.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate here because we could not find a restaurant we were looking for. We are here to help my brother and sister-in-law move in. The server was amazing and the food was out of this world!! I highly recommended this restaurant and now will eat here every time I visit!