“Great place to stop for lunch”

17 Hundred 90 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
17 Hundred 90 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Named for the year it was constructed, 17Hundred90 provides a dining experience without equal in a historic city which prides itself in showering visitors in the unhurried luxury and service of times gone by. A living time capsule of America's earliest decades, 17Hundred90 captures the authentic flavor of an eighteenth century river port hotel and restaurant while working diligently to provide wonderful new memories for our guests.
Piketon, OH
“Great place to stop for lunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We ate here for lunch since it was near one of our stops on the trolley tour we did and they were running a lunch special for $10. Its a very small restaurant but the decor inside is beautiful with a piano in the corner. Our waiter was wonderful and attentive and took great care of us despite having several other tables. The food was good- exactly what we were looking for in lunch. Sweet tea was excellent and the Ham and cheese croissant was very good. The others in my party had the club and really liked it as well. The only downside was that they'd ran out of onion rings, fresh fruit and the hamburger so we were unable to try them. This is a great little restaurant to sit and relax and have a sandwich.

“Great $10 Lunch”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by some fellow trolley tour mates. Excellent suggestion. It is quaint and a little dark in a Colonial Tavern way. Nice atmosphere. Our waiter was quick to arrive and take our drink order. My husband ordered the Shrimp and Grits and I ordered Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and no Caesar Dressing. We enjoyed our lunches and, at $10 each, a good value. We would definitely go back again.

Savannah, Georgia
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I visited during restaurant week and enjoyed the dinner special, but will have to go back. The atmosphere at 5pm was so quiet and relaxed with the live piano, but got a little more busy towards 6:30. Service was wonderful and food was delicious- I highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
“Definitely Worth Trying!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved this restaurant, because it isn't necessary a tourist trap. Overall, it was an amazing experience from the food to the service. I would highly recommend it!

• Visited August 2013
“Poorly Managed Restauraunt in a beautiful house”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the 17 Hundred Ninety for lunch during a weekday. There were only people sitting at four tables but the staff(one waiter)was rushing around like they were used to having two tables per sitting. We were given biscuits with honey which were excellent. I ordered the French Dip Sandwhich. When the waiter brought me my sandwhich he said to me, "I am not the the most graceful walker so I spilled the sauce on your sandwhich." The sandwhich was drenched! He didn't even offer to bring me a new one or get me another roll. My son ordered the Steak Sandwhich but the description on the menu didn't fit the actual sandwhich. As we were leaving the toilet in the men's bathroom overflowed into the lobby. I would not recommend the 17 Hundred 90 Restauraunt to anyone.