“Dirty and old”

17 Hundred 90 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
17 Hundred 90 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 884 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Lincoln
Description: Named for the year it was constructed, 17Hundred90 provides a dining experience without equal in a historic city which prides itself in showering visitors in the unhurried luxury and service of times gone by. A living time capsule of America's earliest decades, 17Hundred90 captures the authentic flavor of an eighteenth century river port hotel and restaurant while working diligently to provide wonderful new memories for our guests.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here on a Boos and Brews tour. The bar was very old and dingy. I ordered their Pineapple Upside Down Martini and it was so nasty. It tasted sour when it should have been sweet. The place had a real nasty fell to it. I went to the restroom and it was not clean either. The carpet on the floor was dusty like it had not been cleaned in years. The dining area looked poor also. I was thinking about eating here before our visited but I quickly changed my mind.
I ate here about 10 years ago when I lived in Savannah but it was not dirty back than and the food was just ok. So now after going back and seeing how dirty the place has got I would not recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for 17 Hundred 90 Restaurant

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I have to say I was disappointed with this dining experience. With all the history behind the inn and restaurant, my husband and I thought this would be a neat place to dine. We had reservations and were seated right away. We ordered drinks, and after the order was taken, it took about 20 minutes before we saw our server again. We had the shrimp and grits appetizer, which was divine-it was large enough to have served as an entree. The biscuits were good as well. Afterwards, we started to notice people who arrived after us getting their entrees before us. Two tables, actually. They had a different server, so maybe that was the difference. The Neptune Trio is good, and the prime rib was ok, but not spectacular. If you have somewhere to be after dinner, don't go here. If you have all night, it may be ok if you don't mind waiting. The atmosphere is nice, and the piano player is a nice touch.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited the 1790 for lunch during our stay in Savannah. The dining area was charming, with a fireplace, linens, candles ... The food was excellent and reasonably priced.

1  Thank l1221mc
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Shrimp and Grits are terrific. The appetizer portion is large enough for dinner. The Inn has lots of "ghosts" and the staff will happily tell you all about them.

1  Thank PC54_12
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Our last trip to Savannah and a recommendation from a friend who too, found this spot to be so cool. A great little treasure with affordable wines liquor or a decent meal.