“Clean, quiet room”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #74 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Clean, quiet room”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in the late evening without a reservation. The front desk person was not particularly helpful or pleasant, but compared to to front desk person at the Fairfield Inn across the street, she was golden. The room was clean and quiet. The room consisted of two queens with a small living room area with couch, coffee table, microwave, etc. The only real complaint is the bed pillows. The bed pillows are very small, approximately 1/3 to 1/2 the size of a standard bed pillow. I found this in a number of Marriott properties and is starting to get annoying enough that I'm thinking of switching to Hilton branded hotels.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Absolutely beautiful hotel, extremely helpful and friendly staff, and convenient location!!!

What else can you ask for?

It was very hot the morning we checked out, and the man at the front desk came running out to our car, asking if we would like a cold bottle of water for the road. How can you beat that?

FYI, Shane's BBQ was recommended by the lady at the front desk when we checked in. It was absolutely AWESOME!!!

Thank you for a relaxing evening.

Room Tip: I may be wrong, but I don't think you can go wrong here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here while traveling north on I-95. What a great property. It was very clean and comfortable and I felt very safe here.

The room was perfect. It was quiet. The breakfast buffet was really nice as well.

Absolutely no complaints and this will be my hotel of choice any time I planning on being in this area when going up/down I-95.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davechri
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel was very nice. My family and I stay at Springhill Suites almost every time we travel, and this one definitely makes the top 10. The rooms were very spacious, and the breakfast selection was excellent. The pool was a good size and so was the exercise room. The only thing that was a slight delimma was the distance from Historic Savannah, but it was nice being away from the mainstream traffic. It is also very close to the airport, though we didn't hear the planes at all. Definitely would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Check-in was quick and efficient even though there were several of individual parties registering at the same time. The room was split with a one third wall into a living area and a bedroom. A TV was on a dresser and could be swung to either the living or bedroom areas. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. It had a pool and exercise room. The lighter in the room could have been brighter but the work area was suitably lighted. We both enjoyed wireless internet. I asked a woman at the front desk for a dinner suggestion. She recommended Sam Snead's Oak Grill and Tavern. It was close by and provided one of the best meals of our trip. While this was away from downtown Savannah, we'll probably stay here the next time we come to the area. It's adjacent to I 95.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
denver
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for one night because we had an early flight to Denver. I booked the hotel as they advertised having an airport shuttle. Unfortunately, the shuttle has limited hours and was not available to get us to the airport in time for our 530am flight. We had to call and pay for a cab which wasn't terribly inconvenient, just an expense I hadn't planned on. Other than that, the front desk staff and night auditor were very pleasant, the room was comfy and there was a convenient business area where I could print our boarding passes. The area was safe, close to the airport and there's a waffle house across the street if you get the late night munchies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
dixonproperties, Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Our hotel shuttle operates from 5am to midnight daily. If a guest needs the shuttle before or after these times it can be arranged prior to the guest arrival.
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I like having a separate living/bedroom area. I stay up late watching TV, and hubby is in bed early. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast had lots of healthy choices. Free WI FI, microwave and mini refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
dixonproperties, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for your review and we appreciate you staying with us.