“Great southern cooking in a great old house”

Olde Pink House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Pink House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and this was one of our stops while in Savannah. We made reservations (do this or you will wait 3+ hours) and after a brief wait we were taken to one of the rooms to our table. Our server was extremely attentive and gave all of her recommendations on the menu. We went here for dinner and my wife had the lamb shank and I had fried chicken. The fried chicken is not on the dinner menu but after reading all the great reviews, I asked if they had it and they allowed me to order off menu to get it.

We have traveled across the south to many places and this is one of the best fried chickens we ever had. Big portions on the main courses that we couldn't finish.

One of the highlights was the history our server gave us when we asked about the house. Amazing history with Washington and Jefferson and others having been there.

We said we were too full for dessert but being our 20th anniversary they decided to treat us to a wonderful plate of fresh whipped cream and berries with a Happy 20th Anniversary written on the plate in chocolate. What a great touch!

To top it off, our server than took us on a tour to the lower level pub. What a great atmosphere down there. Must see!

2  Thank GatorHikers
Write a ReviewReviews (12,180)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This restaurant is outstanding. Beautiful setting with knowledgable and friendly service staff. Food is excellent. My wife and I had a snapper stuffed with crab and a pork loin. Each meal was artfully presented with delicious sauces and perfect accompaniments. The service is quite attentive and servers are eager to know you and show a true interest in making sure your entire experience is wonderful. Do not pass this up while in Savannah. After dinner we went downstairs to the bar area in a warm and lovely setting and sat on a couch listening to the lovely music by the husband and wife piano and base team. Was a great evening.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I used to love this place, now I just like it. The food was so so if it was available. A lot the dishes that were on the menu they were out. Also the hostess that was in charge of our floor was a little much. She came to our table every 10 min we timed her. We couldn't enjoy our meal or conversation with the other couple we were with because she kept interrupting. It was excessive on her part. I will however try this place again when we go back but hopefully we will get the experience I had the previous years.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We made reservations and walked right in and immediately sat down. Waiter was very jovial and had a terrific knowledge of the food and area attractions. The food was out of this world and very generous portions. This was our second time to visit the Olde Pink House in the past 12 months, and both visits were terrific. Be prepared to spend $$$$, but the beauty of the house, well trained staff, and excellent food and presentation is worth it!

2  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you go to Savannah you have to try this restaurant. This historic piece of Savannahs history is combined with an ambiance for any couple wishing to have an ultimate experience. I chose to have a romantic birthday celebration with my partner ,Based upon reviews on TripAdvisor and the locals in Savannah. We were definitely not disappointed.. I made reservations several days prior to arrival. They seated us in a romantic table next to the fireplace. We were there during restaurant week , In which case they had a special, yet we opted for the main menu. I would highly recommend the salmon Which was complemented with horseradish mashed potatoes.. I chose to have a side house salad Which is by far the best salad I've ever had in my life. The Staff and great service make the expierence even more memoriable. A must see!!

1  Thank hchoopie