“As It Should Be”

Olde Pink House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Pink House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our amazing waiter did not lead us astray. Everything was superb and his response was, "As it should be!" Every restaurant says they make the best shrimp and grits in the South, but this version was more refined and I declare it the best! Also, the fried green tomatoes with bacon salad was amazing. I could eat a pound of that bacon on its own! Every entee was well-prepared and enjoyed by our group. We will return!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a server recommend this restaurant to us when we were dining in Asheville. We are so glad we took his advice. Book your reservations in advance, this place is very popular. I'm glad I stopped by to view the restaurant and menu early that afternoon prior to our dinner reservation, while walking around Savannah, because even though the host on the phone told me the restaurant was "casual attire," I would have felt very out of place had I wore jeans or shorts, because it’s really "business casual."

There are many dining rooms on both the first floor and 2nd floor, and the restaurant offers cordial and impeccable service. Menu is eclectic and whimsical, but there is some traditional fare as well -- such as the filet. The southern sushi is a must try. I was fortunate enough to visit during soft shell crab season, and my soft shell batter fried crab served with an Asian sauce and a wild greens salad was outstanding. The braised pork shank is a large portion and comes with sides of collards and macaroni and cheese.

The only minor disappointment was that my dinner guest's filet arrived somewhat tepid, rather than hot, however it was cooked exactly as requested. This might be one of the best restaurants in Savannah. Pass on Lady and Sons and come here!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

As this is one of the top ranked restaurants in Savannah we made it part of our 3 day trip. This will likely be one of the more unique "back in time" dining experiences of your life, as minus some very sparse electric lighting, it looks like it did in the 1800s. Had the scored crispy flounder and it was very good (and have never seen the preparation style before).

One gripe...our waiter didn't seem like he had an overwhelming amount of tables and I was surprised our finished/cold meal sat on our table for 10+ minutes after we were visibly done. Wasn't the end of the world, but just didn't match the service level this price point usually sees.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Food & service were good, ravioli I had was drenched in cream sauce, which made the main dish taste like cream sauce. Less sauce more flavor. All other dishes at our table were delicious. The dessert I had was a Chocolate something and was pure chocolate and great. Lines of people were waiting outside to get in, reservation a must. Once seated very noisy and crowded. A very good dining experience, servers were friendly, nice and willing to help any way they could. Would go back next time in Savannah.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I cannot say enough superlatives about this fabulous Savannah restaurant. After long day of sightseeing The Pink House was just perfect.
The southern cuisine was delightful as was the service. We sat in the large grand ballroom and we're attended to immediately. The hostess gave us a historical review of the house's history as we were being seated and after a perfect dinner a wonderful singer, in period dress, arrived at our table offering to sing anything we wished to hear. What a wonderful voice and a great touch from this well renowned establishment .