“Very nice lunch”

Olde Pink House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Pink House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 910 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a late lunch on Tuesday 8/20. We sat at a table in the bar area and it was very comfortable and cute. We tried the mac and cheese jalapeño poppers as an appetizer. The flavor was just right, creamy mac and cheese and just enough jalapeño to make them interesting. My fiancé had shrimp with cheddar cheese grits cake, collard greens. They were tasty but not the standard shrimp and grits if that is what you are looking for. I had boneless fried chicken, pan gravy, collards and mashed potatoes. It was excellent. The chicken was juicy, tender and the gravy was the perfect topping. There was pepper vinegar for the collards, they were fine without it but it gave a little extra touch. I'm sorry I can't remember the server's name because she was fantastic, attentive and friendly. This was not an inexpensive lunch, but it was worth it. I would definitely return and recommend this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,865)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a great romantic anniversary dinner. Our waitress was excellent. The food was really good. I had the BLT salad and fried pork chop. My husband had the fried lobster and also thought it was very good. The cocktails were well made. We sat upstairs in the study and had a quiet, intimate dinner.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

If 2000+ reviews isn't going to convince you, mine probably won't either. But the food was spectacular. Almost the best meal I've ever had. My shrimp and grits was A+. They did some special magic to the cheddar grits to turn it into a triangle "cake," crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My son's fried chicken was just about the best I've ever had also (and I live close to Nashville TN, so I've had some good chicken). My wife's flash fried flounder with mango sauce was excellent also. We went for lunch, and it wasn't too pricey (most meals in the teens).
Service was great. Marcel at the door was super friendly and gave us some interesting information about this historical home.

One thing I noticed was that the receptionist and the server both encouraged us to tour the house after our meal, including the basement bar and the upstairs. There is a beautiful ballroom upstairs, and just looking around this restored house was worth the trip. If you eat here, DO NOT FORGET TO TOUR THE HOUSE!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited Savannah with our folks for their 50th wedding anniversary. The waitstaff went out of their way to make my parents' visit a memorable one, including a special dessert.

1  Thank WaikikiWanderers
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited the Olde Pink House with my husband and another couple for my birthday dinner! The House is beautiful! We ate in the main ballroom which was lovely. The food was excellent! My husband got the kobe burger which he raved about! He wanted to go back the following evening so he could order the burger again! The fried green tomato salad was outstanding. Everyone enjoyed their meals and our waiter, Nick, was very attentive and hospitable, as were the rest of the staff. Only drawback is the drink sizes are a bit small. Overall it was a great experience and we will return on our next trip to Savannah!

1  Thank Michelle H