“Enjoyed our meal”

Olde Pink House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olde Pink House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bryan and Congress
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Such a great experience to have dinner in beautiful historic home. The bar was very cool. The wine was top notch. The food was unique and delicious. Definitely recommend dining here!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,317)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was our second time we at at the Olde Pink House and they did not disappoint again. This time we ate upstairs in a small room with a table next to a window. It was just perfect. The lighting was dim and it was a bit hard to read the menu but we used our I phone light to see it better. It was very romantic with the dim lighting. My husband and I both had appetizers I had a great salad with bacon and fresh dressing and my husband had the she crab soup which was also very good. For our entrees, my husband had the kobe burger and I had the salmon and both were delicious Would definitely recommend you give the Old Pink House a try.

1  Thank rudy1qh
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love everything about The Olde Pink House! The Shrimp & Grits appetizer is the best thing in town! And, the Berry Basket for dessert is perfectly southern and delicious. It is situated on a lovely square and the historic building makes for a perfect experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have two favorite restaurants in Savannah, where I live. No. 1 is The Pink House. (Officially it has the word "Olde" in front of Pink, but no one here would ever call it that.) It sits on Reynold's Square, which is always beautiful, but in the spring, with the azaleas blooming, the area is exquisite.

Just like the restaurant's food. They have a fairly large menu, and the entrees sometimes change. But the quaity of the food is always great. A kind of classic I love is pan-seared scallops. The entree is served with mashed potatoes and green beans, it all seems so simple, but every morsel melts in your mouth. They also have a fried green tomato salad, and if the server even hints that you might be sharing with another person in your party, forget it. Get your own! It's too good to share with anyone.

FYI, the main part of the restaurant is the original Habersham family house, built around 1771. If you'll be seated there or even in the additional dining area in the relatively new wing added onto the house, dress nicely. I know if you're on vacation you may not have thought to bring "dress up" clothes. But this is a place ladies can definitely wear dresses and high heels; men should at least do "business casual" with khakis and golf shirts. But a sport coat and tie will do very nicely-or even an actual suit. (If you live here, you tend to dress up for The Pink House.) Now, the original cellar is called The Planter's Tavern, it's quite dark down there (lit by candles and fireplaces), and you definitely can go casual there. You'll still get the same great food and service! Same, too, for the newer pub at the restaurant called The Arches. Though it sports a wide screen flat screen above the bar, which I personally think is a bit too much, too sports bar-y, it's conviently at street level on the St. Julian side of the restaurant. Seating spills out onto the sidewalk, also, and--like the cellar bar--The Arches is very, very casual.

2  Thank Candice K
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Definitely make the Olde Pink House one of your dinners! Start in the tavern for a drink - sit near the fire or in the cozy vault/wine cellar. Then head upstairs for the famous BLT salad and the seared flounder. And save room for the praline basket dessert. To die for!

1  Thank Beach M