WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Studio 6 - Savannah

Studio 6 - Savannah
Ranked #108 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Disturbing on so many levels”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

My friend and I decided to come to Savannah for a few days, and we didn't have much money left to book an "expensive" hotel. I looked around online and saw Savannah Suites for around $55/night. We booked it and the pictures on Expedia LOOKED nice, so we figured we had nothing to lose.
When we pulled up to the hotel, the first thing that should have caught our attention was the "$149 a week" banner hanging outside. That's usually a sign that it's an extended stay place for less fortunate people. We went to the office and the front desk guy (who was really nice) let us check in early. We went to the room that the maid was still "cleaning" and put our bags inside. First reaction: GROSS!!!!
We had to have a friend bring us some air freshener because the musty/moldy smell was almost overwhelming. There were no lamps at all, just an overhead light. The closet smelled like there had been rotting food in it for months and had just been cleaned out. We had absolutely no towels or washcloths, the refrigerator was hot, and the carpet had some sort of wet, smushy, spongy stain right next to the bed. Luckily, we were only there for an hour before we went downtown, but when we came back that afternoon it smelled even worse. We again sprayed the air freshener and tried not to let it bother us.
The bathroom wasn't very tidy. I definitely wore flip-flops while taking a shower. The toilet seemed to lurch forward off the wall everytime we sat on it.
The inhabitants of this hotel pretty much scared me. There was a couple of guys next door that stared us down everytime we walked in or out of the room. There was a very loud family that liked to sit in their car and play rap music as loud as possible the whole time we were there. I thought my tires would be slashed when I went to my car the next morning. Thank goodness nothing was stolen or damaged.
If you even think about staying here, bring your own towels, blankets, flip-flops, ear plugs, and air freshener. This place is absolutely disgusting and it's an insult that we switched to a Ramada hotel down the road for like $5 more a night. Don't book through Expedia, either. They gave me a hard time about wanting to switch hotels and refunding money.
The only decent thing about this nasty hell hole was the friendly front desk guy. He made sure to smile even though I wasn't too pleased with the experience. Hopefully he will land a better job where his friendliness and hospitality will be appreciated.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ashleenwalker
Savannah5, Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this review, July 13, 2009
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused. I realize how frustrating it must be to be checked into a room that is below your standards.
I have discussed these concerns with front desk, housekeeping and maintenance and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved service and cleanliness.
Thank you for your feedback and I am hoping to hear from you soon so we can discuss further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Marietta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

I blame this one on my husband. He failed to do any research on this hotel and just blindly booked a room for our two-night stay based on the cheap price. Not only is this hotel NOT close to the historic part of Savannah (which was where we spent most of our time) but it was bad on so many levels, I regret staying there.

When we checked in, we were given a room - and as soon as I opened the door, I was completely grossed out. The beds were a mess, the tv and lights were on, an there were empty beer cans and packs of cigarettes in this "non-smoking" room. I honestly thought someone might still be in the room, so I yelled "Hello, anyone in there?" We immediately went back to the office to ask for another room. The office manager gave us another room after we explained the conditions of our room. His "shocked" reaction at the cigarettes we found in our non-smoking room was the least convincing act I've ever seen!

Needless to say, we decided to make the best of it, and just put up with another room - and try not to let it ruin our trip. Our next room was better...well, cleaner than the first. It smelled stale and overall was dingy in quality. The towels were old and worn. Everything about this place was creepy and dingy. Rather than wasting our time looking for another hotel, we decided to make the best of it and just stay here. I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it did. Even though we only came back to the room at night to sleep, and spent most of the day sight-seeing...it was still a really anti-climatic end to the day. I was back in a bad mood the second we were in the room.

Overall, my fellow people...if you want to stay somewhere that will dampen your mood and put a cloud over your visit to lovely Savannah, then stay here. If not, then spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. I wish we had checked out this website before our trip! It would have saved some heartache and a few arguments between me and my husband.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused. I realize how frustrating it must be to checked into a room that is not clean. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you.
I have discussed these concerns with the front desk and housekeeping and they understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Savannah Suites.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2006

This place is a dump! Looks ok from the outside but if you want a good night sleep DO NOT stop here!!!! The matress...really...I felt every single spring in it! Wish I would've looked at the reviews before staying here!!!!!

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2005

It was one of the worst motel that I ever stayed in. There were no towels are wash cloths in the room . and the proprioter went thru 4 rooms and only came up with one towel and on wash cloth. And there were roach es in the room.

• Stayed July 2005