“Horrible hotel.”

Studio 6 - Savannah
Ranked #111 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst motel I have ever seen. It's dirty, the linens are cheap, the beds uncomfortable, the pillows flat. You have to let them hold your driver's license to use the hair dryer. Cleaning service didn't clean our bathroom and left stained, dirty towels. We had 4 people in our room and they only left 2 towels.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Strick3313
Tracie M, General Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for our hotel . we would like to appologize for any inconvience that you encountered on your recent stay with us . our goal is to provide clean and
confortable rooms to all our guest .Management has gotten with the necessary departments
to take care of the issues you encountered during your stay. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

If you are:
...just looking for a "place to flop"
...mentally stimulated when finding a pre-loaded toilet
...a person with neither a sense of smell or hearing
...a person who carries their own tp, soap, shampoo
...entertained by scorned prostitues
...an avid entomologist who adores cockroaches

Then by golly this is the place for you!!
Otherwise, rebook someplace else...

Room Tip: Best roms are located in just about any other hotel including those low budget establishments in Ind...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank D X
Tracie M, General Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

First and foremost we would like to thank you for taking the time to do a review of your recent stay with us. secondly we would like to apologize, for any inconvience that you had while here at the hotel. It always our goal to provide a safe environment and clean room for all of our guest . We hope that you will give us another oportunity to service you in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I booked online and was very dissapointed. The first room, door would not shut all the way looked like it had been busted thru, toilet leaked all over floor, and fridge leaked. The second room atleast smelled a little better but all the same problems. The whole place needs to be tore down and rebuilt. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was very nice but could not get a refund due to a "third pary reservation". I witnessed drug deals and prostitutes walking around, leaving and coming back. Internet said we were like 10 minutes from beach. Wrong like 40 minutes is more like it. This was labor day weekend so no other hotels available. Should have read more reviews, not just watch vurtual tour. Pictures were right but add about a years worth of dust, muck, and nasty unclean smell. The smell reminds you of a litter box and rooms have fleas. Do not stay here unless you feel comfortable around a place like that.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank crystle b
mrhchance, General Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We certainly apologize for the experience that you encountered while staying at our Hotel. It is our Goal to ensure that all of our guests are satisfied before leaving our property, We would like to make things right for you, Please contact the GM at the property so that we can get this handled right away, Again I do Apologize and look forward to making things right.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We booked this place from one of those expedia sites. BTW they really should investigate where they send people. The original hotel we were calling about was booked so they suggested this horrible place. It looked like prostitutes were walking around looking for their next victim. Nonetheless, we unloaded the car and got the kids and went to the room. When we opened the door my seven year old asked "what is that awful stench". We were more than ready to go but after a long day of travel we decided to make the best of it. As if the prostitute track in front of the place wasn't enough...the towels that were suppose to be clean had yellow and brown staining, the sheets and blanket had the same mystery staining. The red chair had some yellow Orange stains I guess they thought no one would notice. Get ready for this!!! We turned one of the lights out and the party began. It was Joe's apartment. That's right just like the movie the roaches where trying to figure out why we were in their home. We ended up leaving and staying at a nearby Marriott property.

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank jetsetterche
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This hotel has weekly rates so that means people live there...that means expect to hear noise above you and kids playing in the hall and breezeways.

We open the door to our room and are smacked in the face with the smell of musty wet carpet and something I've never smelled before. Although very polite, the woman @ the front desk was clearly annoyed and looked at me like I was being ridiculous. We switched rooms but it seems as though all the rooms had a faint weird smell.

The carpets were filthy and damp I think...there were four working channels on the tv, we didn't have bathroom tissue and no iron or ironing board.

If you're looking for a good deal this is your place but I wouldn't recommend it for anything else and certainly not for your family.

It's gross.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank simplysharoni
Reviewed May 23, 2011

When we got there we had to find the hidden hotel it looked like a crack place because of it's location.We took our stuff in and left to go to the beach while waiting on my other family to get there.When we got back my son says come here mom let me show you my room we walked in and it was horrible smell I took my sandle of and felt the carpet it was soaken wet and smelled awful.So i went to the office the lady said all she can do is give them the 3rd floor I said not happeing 3 small babies with the age 4 and under so i asked for a refund and she said could not get it.So they stayed in the room with me we had 5 adults and 5 kids in a 2 bedroom took the blankets off the mattress was disguting the sheets where stained. So honestly i slept in my grandbabies pack n play that was the only thing in the room that santized.Luckly i'm a small enough adult thaat i could sleep in there.They had no paper cups they had glasses for you to drink out but who and there right mind would use them.Never ever again stay there.I would have wheter stay in my car than there.Plus on line it was suppose to be only 10 mintues away from the beach and it took us 30 to 35 mintues to get there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Shoe67
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My boyfriend and I had the misfortune of booking a hotel through a certain website that won't give the hotel name till after you book, taking a chance because they'd never screwed us over before. Somehow we ended up with Savannah Suites, and they weren't even the cheapest. The reviews already on here are spot-on, and though I'm not sure if they're still doing it, the Savannah Suites off of Memorial Drive in Atlanta used to rent by the HOUR. This is the kind of classless establishment we're dealing with here. So our expectations weren't high as we went to check in.

Whoever said that people - people who look like they just got out of jail and are still adjusting to see normal people in the real world - like to stare down people going to and from their room was right. I'm a pretty attractive female, so that didn't help. The last day there, there was this crazy wild-haired woman sitting outside of one of the rooms with trash bags filled with junk (evicted?) and she joined in on the looky-loo parade too. She also tried to talk to my boyfriend about Mary Kay products (??) but he brushed her off quickly before she'd really have the opportunity to bring out the crazy. Needless to say we kept the room locked at all times.

The first room they reserved for us was actually a handicapped room. As soon as you walked in, you were hit by a musty smell. Imagine going into an old building that hasn't been cleaned properly in years - it was that kind of odor.

The "carpet" was this thin, cheap grungy material that looked like felt. The little furniture that was in the room was comprised of pressed wood and chairs that looked like they'd come from the '70s. The tv was at least 15-20 years old, a piece of big bulky junk. Everything just looked cheap, cheap, cheap, as if the greedy owners of this rat trap have never renovated it and bought a bunch of second-hand items that didn't even look good when they were new. The last straw was the shower in the bathroom - we'd never seen anything like it in our lives! It looked like something out of the movie "Hostel." There were weird bars and contraptions in it, the shower floor was literally flush with the bathroom floor - meaning there's no way to keep the water in the shower. And there was no shower curtain. There wasn't even a rod for a curtain. Basically you're supposed to just stand there and let the water go through a hole in the bathroom floor.

We asked for a non-handicapped room, and this one was only slightly better. The shower had a curtain (imagine that!), but the funky smell was still ever-present, along with the crap-quality furniture, pencil-thin mattress, flimsy "pillows" and 20-year-old thin comforter. We spent as little time in that room as possible, and purchased sandals at the K-mart across the street to wear while showering and walking in the room. When night came, so did a couple of insect companions, including a baby roach on the wall. The ceiling and walls are thin, so when some wonderfully intelligent person inexplicably thought that it would be fun to stomp on the floor upstairs, it came through loud and clear.

The staff is comprised (with the exception of one) a few bitter middle-aged women who couldn't care less about keeping hotel guests happy. One was a bit snappy when we requested a room without a torture chamber in the bathroom. Another seemed agitated when we had to go switch key cards when we changed rooms (and to echo another reviewer, the key card didn't work when we tried to use it, and the staff member acted surprised and got maintenance to come try to fix it. I glared at their charade from the side, astonished by their "eff effort" attitude.)

The frauds who own this particular Savannah Suites should be forced to spend a night there, AND use the shower without flip-flops. Oh one last thing, the coffee machine didn't even work - somehow the water for the coffee spurted upwards, creating a mess.

In summary, I wouldn't wish a hotel stay here on my worse enemy

Room Tip: For the love of all things Holy DO NOT RENT HERE.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple