“This place was a dump, we could not stay there.”

Studio 6 - Savannah
Ranked #111 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Bishop, Georgia
“This place was a dump, we could not stay there.”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

This place was a dump. The whole hotel smelled of cigarette smoke. We asked for a
non-smoking room. This room smelled of cigaretts smoke. We could not stay there and
cancelled our reservations. I think people were living here on a regular basis. This place was not new even though it saId it was. It looked old and run down.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gmompa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Manager was unwelcoming at check-in. If you want to iron your cloths, you have to check out the iron and the ironboard from the front desk by leaving your driver license until you return them. Can't sleep majority of the night because my room was sandwiched between a room will crying kids and a louder snorer. The walls were so damn thin. I had originally booked for 3 nights because I was fooled by the hotel's photos and video online. I can't until morning comes, so I can get the hell out of this dump. So, beware all of you budget travellers. This place is not worth your money, no matter how cheap it may be. What a @#$!! place!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thetruth_2011

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I should have realized what kind of place it was when we first pulled up and had to stand outside in a line to a walk-up window just to check in. We were given a room way in the back in what looked like an alley way...when we finally got to the room the keys would not work in the door mainly because the door was broken along with every door in the place. We had to call the maintence guy to come get us into our room...when he finally got the door open it was not the room that had been reserved nor was it the room in the pictures on their website. We had to make another trip to the front window where we were given another room, once we finally got to that room the keys again didnt work and the same maintence guy had to fix that door which took almost 30 minutes. When we finally got the door fixed and tried to settle into the room it was awful! The smell was horrible it smelled as if it hadnt been cleaned or had any fresh air in months! There were even dead cockroaches in the room!!! There were no lamps just awkward overhead lighting! There is a bar located right across the parking lot that has people coming in and out yelling and screaming all hours of the night! There was a large group of men standing outside our door obviously drunk talking about a bar fight that had just occured in the bar/tattoo parlor. We were terrified I found myself looking out the window on many occasions just to make sure our car was still outside or broken into. This hotel is not a place to bring a family especially if you have children. I felt horrible bringing my one year old to a place like that. We had booked a 2 night stay but after one night there we refused to stay another night! The woman at the front desk was less than helpful when we went to her about our concerns she shrugged us off as if we were bothering her. She claimed that she stays there often as if that was supposed to make us feel any better! She made it clear that we probably wouldnt be getting a refund from them. Needless to say defintely read reviews before you stay anywhere I wish we would have! I would not reccomend this hotel to anybody!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Georgiamyheart
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this review, November 10, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Savannah Suites Savannah. We apologize for not making your stay with us a pleasant one. The problems you encountered with your doors, lighting and cleanliness of the room have been addressed. I assure you that we do take guest satisfaction seriously and regret giving the impression we do not care. Again we apologize for all inconveniences you encountered and thank you for your taking the time to give feedback, for that is how we are able to become better.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 12, 2009

No no no no no. I booked this hotel on hotwire and was sadly disappointed. Old/thin bed comforter/sheets, ants surrounding the air conditoner, smelly room, and a door lock that left me praying no one could get through it! I also found myself looking outside to make sure my car was still in the parking lot. It's an extended stay site so all types of people are "living" there. The outside of the hotel looks much nicer than the inside. The "free internet" barely worked in my room. The guy that checked us in was nice. But that didn't make up for my discomfort for being there. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2009
TaraInn, Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this review, August 20, 2009
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent experience at our Savannah Suites in Savannah, GA.

I wish to apologize for the situation that occurred during your stay with us. At Savannah Suites we take pride in providing our guests with a pleasant and comfortable stay. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.

We hope that you will not allow this experience to discourage you from choosing Savannah Suites for your lodging needs in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Savannah, GA.
Chatsworth, GA
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We decided to book this place because of the cheap price of the room, i read some of the reviewes on this website and thought, " Surely, this place isn't that bad". Boy was i wrong. When we finally found the hidden hotel, we checked in and the first trouble we had was that the key cards only worked if you held your breath and eyes a certain way! Then the smell was like something had been dunked in a fish tank and layed on the floor until it rotted. We tried to look past it and have a good time but being in the getto hotel worried us but we tried to still have a good time. We came back and found that the neighbors we so curtious to us that they decided to let us get peace and quiet at 2 or 3 in the morning. Seems how we tried to get some sleep from 10 till 3! This consisted of banging on the wall so hard, that it shook our bed. There were people in the parking lot, drinking and partying and kids playing basketball till they finally give up. It was so bad that my 9 year old son asked me," Daddy, do we need to pray so they will not hurt us?" That really hurt me because I thought i had done a good thing when i booked this place. We tried to call and call the front desk but got no answer. Great thing to know if there had been an emergency!! The next day, we decided to check out a day early. When i went to complain and ask for our money back, the lady at the desk could care less about my stay. She told me i should have called security about the problem. I told her we wasn't given any info of such numbers. She just shrugged me off. She told us that the only thing that could be done was for us to contact PRICELINE and maybe we might get the money back for the time we paid for on the 2nd day that we were not staying and even then, we may not get it back. WOW!! what service!!!!!!!! So we left and Savannah became a bad apple in my life!!So anyone who wants to spend their lovely vacation looking through the peep hole of their room to make sure their hubcaps or belongings are still there, then by all means book a room at this nasty location. If not, then run and not walk , around the corner to the laquinta inn for a much safer and quiter stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jasonandaddieh
Savannah5, Manager at Studio 6 - Savannah, responded to this review, July 13, 2009
I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better.
I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the keys not working properly and the noise. We take steps to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable at all times and we apologize that this did not happen with your stay.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2009

My friend and I decided to come to Savannah for a few days, and we didn't have much money left to book an "expensive" hotel. I looked around online and saw Savannah Suites for around $55/night. We booked it and the pictures on Expedia LOOKED nice, so we figured we had nothing to lose.
When we pulled up to the hotel, the first thing that should have caught our attention was the "$149 a week" banner hanging outside. That's usually a sign that it's an extended stay place for less fortunate people. We went to the office and the front desk guy (who was really nice) let us check in early. We went to the room that the maid was still "cleaning" and put our bags inside. First reaction: GROSS!!!!
We had to have a friend bring us some air freshener because the musty/moldy smell was almost overwhelming. There were no lamps at all, just an overhead light. The closet smelled like there had been rotting food in it for months and had just been cleaned out. We had absolutely no towels or washcloths, the refrigerator was hot, and the carpet had some sort of wet, smushy, spongy stain right next to the bed. Luckily, we were only there for an hour before we went downtown, but when we came back that afternoon it smelled even worse. We again sprayed the air freshener and tried not to let it bother us.
The bathroom wasn't very tidy. I definitely wore flip-flops while taking a shower. The toilet seemed to lurch forward off the wall everytime we sat on it.
The inhabitants of this hotel pretty much scared me. There was a couple of guys next door that stared us down everytime we walked in or out of the room. There was a very loud family that liked to sit in their car and play rap music as loud as possible the whole time we were there. I thought my tires would be slashed when I went to my car the next morning. Thank goodness nothing was stolen or damaged.
If you even think about staying here, bring your own towels, blankets, flip-flops, ear plugs, and air freshener. This place is absolutely disgusting and it's an insult that we switched to a Ramada hotel down the road for like $5 more a night. Don't book through Expedia, either. They gave me a hard time about wanting to switch hotels and refunding money.
The only decent thing about this nasty hell hole was the friendly front desk guy. He made sure to smile even though I wasn't too pleased with the experience. Hopefully he will land a better job where his friendliness and hospitality will be appreciated.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank ashleenwalker
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused. I realize how frustrating it must be to be checked into a room that is below your standards.
I have discussed these concerns with front desk, housekeeping and maintenance and they all understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved service and cleanliness.
Thank you for your feedback and I am hoping to hear from you soon so we can discuss further.
Marietta, GA
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I blame this one on my husband. He failed to do any research on this hotel and just blindly booked a room for our two-night stay based on the cheap price. Not only is this hotel NOT close to the historic part of Savannah (which was where we spent most of our time) but it was bad on so many levels, I regret staying there.

When we checked in, we were given a room - and as soon as I opened the door, I was completely grossed out. The beds were a mess, the tv and lights were on, an there were empty beer cans and packs of cigarettes in this "non-smoking" room. I honestly thought someone might still be in the room, so I yelled "Hello, anyone in there?" We immediately went back to the office to ask for another room. The office manager gave us another room after we explained the conditions of our room. His "shocked" reaction at the cigarettes we found in our non-smoking room was the least convincing act I've ever seen!

Needless to say, we decided to make the best of it, and just put up with another room - and try not to let it ruin our trip. Our next room was better...well, cleaner than the first. It smelled stale and overall was dingy in quality. The towels were old and worn. Everything about this place was creepy and dingy. Rather than wasting our time looking for another hotel, we decided to make the best of it and just stay here. I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it did. Even though we only came back to the room at night to sleep, and spent most of the day sight-seeing...it was still a really anti-climatic end to the day. I was back in a bad mood the second we were in the room.

Overall, my fellow people...if you want to stay somewhere that will dampen your mood and put a cloud over your visit to lovely Savannah, then stay here. If not, then spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. I wish we had checked out this website before our trip! It would have saved some heartache and a few arguments between me and my husband.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused. I realize how frustrating it must be to checked into a room that is not clean. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you.
I have discussed these concerns with the front desk and housekeeping and they understand how unacceptable this type of service is. Once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to Savannah Suites.