“Great restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Awesome place, friendly staff, food is delicious. Definitely recommend stopping in for lunch while in savannah.

• Visited March 2014

Savannah, GA
“Good to average lunch food, pleasant room, nice staff, free WIFI”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Heard about this new little place from an acquaintance of mine who'd gone for lunch and liked it, so I and a girlfriend went by a couple of days ago and had a look. The owners are two best friends, one quiet and intense, the other smiling and chatty,--just two grandmas, as they said, doing something they always wanted to do, making food they like to eat and giving the neighborhood someplace pleasant to go and spend some time, have a nice lunch and a bite of fresh baked goodies. I do like the tall ceilings and softly colored walls with paintings by relatives and friends placed around, mismatched tables and chairs, the little container for cream. The selections are not too extensive and look like a solid set of American favs: chicken salad, tuna salad, roast beef and turkey, some decent cheeses (the boursin is the best--ask for a taste!) and specials like Sloppy Joe's a coupla times a week. I ordered a cold sandwich, but when I saw my friend's Panini-style toasted roast beef with provolone, I wanted one too! They were nice enough to put it in the press for me and it made the bread delicately golden and crispy, rather like toast but much better--they bake all their bread fresh in-store each day. I had the turkey with dill-Havarti cheese, a little cup of broccoli-bacon soup and a lemon square. My friend had the pasta salad made with olive oil and a little pesto--a rather small scoop. I'd also tried the crème-de-menthe brownie earlier in the week and really liked it. My girlfriend said the coffee was not good, just bland; not sure why, but she's a coffee buff so I'm takin' her word on it. The meat on the sandwiches was good quality and tasty, but there should have been a bit more on the sandwich, it just felt "light" to both of us. The soup was not bad, not great--I expected a broccoli-potato soup to be thick and creamy but it was a thin broth-based soup. The lemon square was quite good. I hate to say it, but we both left hungry--I mean, the meal was good, adequately flavored, but nothing outstanding or very filling. I will say this: they are still new and feeling their way around the menu, so perhaps the portions will improve later. Good place to sit and snack and (when the coffee improves) use your laptop (free WIFI)...maybe I'll check'em out again in a few weeks.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Heart_of_Imladris
Savannah, Georgia
“Love the Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went to Kapa for the first time and loved the food as well as the atmosphere! The customer service was very friendly. You have to try the earth sandwich. Once you try it you will be instantly hooked!

• Visited August 2013
Florida
“Clean & Refreshing!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Although this Cafe is near Historic Savannah and all the touristy cafe's in the area, they DO NOT carry Tourist Prices. The food service is fast like described. Not only is the food eye appealing, but it is very tasty. They have a good selection of sandwiches, salads, baked goods, smoothies, and ETC.! This cafe/bakery is up the road from one of the SCAD schools on Bull St. I personally like to order the "Big Peoples" Grilled Cheese on Italian Bread pressed, and a Strawberry & Blueberry Smoothie. I def recommend this sandwich for cheese lovers! I also found out, that they bake almost all there breads on site! So if you are looking for a good cafe and or bakery, come try out this place!

One more thing, that I also think is very important, this place is VERY Clean and great seating!

• Visited September 2013