“Lots of places closed Sunday !”

Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, hand-cut steaks, mouth watering sandwiches, and the Best Bar on River Street!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lots of places closed Sunday !”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We were limited as to where we could eat as most places closed on Sunday - so picked this place through TripAdvisor and wasn't disappointed. The chicken wings were great as was the calamari. Main courses were good. Caesar salad was ok. For American food - it was a good spot. Kind of pub / restaurant.

1 Thank SimonJRex

“Best Meal of our Vacation”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I would highly recommendthird restaurant to anyone! The food was really incredibly tasty and our waitress was so sweet. We ordered the shaved callamari, salmon blt and tuna burger ahi style. My tuna was so fresh and so fabulous... I wish I lived nearby so I could order it more often.

A waiter in the visitors center gave us a coupon for a complimentary appetizer so our value was great. It came to about $50 for two meals, two great beers and the app. Worth every penny. Freshest seafood!

Highly RECOMMEND!

Kansas City, Missouri
“Overpriced; limited menu - a BAR, not a restaurant.”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Barracuda Bob's is primarily a seafood place with some token "American" sandwiches like Turkey & Bacon or Ruebens. They also offer a limited salad menu.
We visited because my husband was looking for some good seafood; I do not generally eat meat at all. After perusing the menu, I asked the server to guide me in my order, expressing that I didn't generally eat meat, and I never ate seafood. She suggested the Turkey & Bacon sandwich (which, of course, are meat). I asked her how it compared to a couple of other "less"-meaty entrees I was considering and she still pushed the Turkey & Bacon. As I usually tend to trust my servers' recommendations, I hesitantly ordered it, along with a side salad. My husband ordered the Shrimp & Tilapia platter. Nowhere was there a "sides" menu, and I even had to ask if they offered side salads. I wish I had thought to ask what other sides were available.
The turkey was overpowering for someone who doesn't usually eat much meat. The sauteed vegetables were ok, but I can make much better at home. The tilapia and shrimp, likewise, said my husband, were "decent," but hardly impressive.
Long story short, the draw of this place is that it is on the Riverwalk and it is a bar. Do NOT go here expecting to get good food. Whoever rated this at 5 stars must not ever eat home-cooked meals, according to my husband.

• Visited July 2014
“Brennan was great! The food wa great!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The hostess's service was lacking. We weren't acknowledge for a while even though we were standing right in front of the hostess. After that though the service was great and the food was prompt and delicious! Brennan was our server and was very witty and amazing!!!

Atlanta
“New place on River Street”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have heard good things about Barracuda Bob's so decided to give it a try. The beer selection is good and we tried a nice cold Moscow Mule mixed drink... quite nice. We enjoyed piping hot crab dip for our appetizer. The tuna tacos were seasoned well and cooked just right. Peel and eat shrimp were slightly overcooked but the spices were really good. We come to Savannah every year for business and I think we will come back here to eat.