“Good, solid dinner”

Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, hand-cut steaks, mouth watering sandwiches, and the Best Bar on River Street!
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We ate dinner here after a long, hot day in Savannah. We had the crab dip as an appetizer, and it was tasty. I had the grilled seafood trio with shrimp, scallops, and a crab cake, which was recommended by our waiter. The shrimp and scallops were very good, while I found the crab cake to be just okay. That could be because it tasted a lot like the dip, just not as good. My wife had the shrimp Alfredo. It came with several shrimp and plenty of pasta. However, the shrimp needed more seasoning, and the dish seemed almost wholly devoid of salt. She added some and some Parmesan and was happy with it. All in all, it was a solid meal, but not necessarily outstanding.

1  Thank Mattnestro

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stopped into Barracuda Bob's for dinner our first night in Savannah based upon other positive reviews. I like seafeood, my wife does not. This seemed like a place we could both find something to enjoy. We were seated quickly and received water quickly, but there was a gnat in my wife's and it had to be replaced. No problem, it happens in the south when the doors are open. We're used to it. I ordered the fried shrimp and fries with corn on the cob. I expected a small section of corn but received a full ear, freshly husked by the looks of it. The fries appeared fresh made and the shrimp were fresh, not frozen. However, none of it wowed me. Average at best is all I can say. My wife had a meatloaf burger but it had an odd smell almost like a hotdog (probably the sausage) that she didn't enjoy and she didn't find it overly flavorful or enjoyable. Neither of us finished our meal. Worst, our waitress, who was not busy, failed to visit our table for long stretches of time and virtually disappeared at the end when we wanted our check so we could leave. We probably had to wait 10-15 minutes longer than desired to pay and leave just because of her poor service. She did not receive a large tip. Hopefully it was a bad day for them. We likely will not be back.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I traveled from Texas to both North and South Carolina to Savannah. Wanting to eat seafood, I chose Barracuda Bob's based on reviews. We had Mahi & broccoli & Talapia & shrimp. Both were very good as was the sweet tea. We loved the open brick inside, the exposed beams for the second floor, and the staircase. The establishment is across from the waterfront. We watched cargo ships on their way to the sea. It was a very pleasant and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with my family last night. It had such great reviews so had to try. We wanted some fresh seafood and a boil. It was just average.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Darted in here to escape the heat and have a brew & some lunch. Ordered the Black & Bleu Burger - it was REALLY good.. They have a large menu of specialty beers- a good time.