“Great new riverfront restaurant”

Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 880 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, hand-cut steaks, mouth watering sandwiches, and the Best Bar on River Street!
Canton, Ga.
“Great new riverfront restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on opening day and was very impressed. The food was excellent and Derek gave the best service of my whole trip. This new restaurant is beautiful inside and out. Great location on riverfront with the best food. Eat here and ask for Derek.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Tuna tartar was good, place to try...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I thought it was Baracuda Bob's, with one "r" instead. We tried the Tuna tartared, Grilled Salmon, and the chix Waffles. We like the chix waffles the best. I love the roasted honey walnut served with the waffles. The grilled salmon that comes with broccoli and garlic mashed potato is nothing special about the way it was cooked.

Will come back for the chix waffles and some other special appetizers.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Open at last”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Barracuda Bob's is less than a week old but it has already earned a spot on my "must go back" list for restaurants on Savannah's River Street. The renovation of the old River Grill site that burned a few years ago is remarkable. It maintains much of the old brick wall warehouse feel, and adds a bright, energetic atmosphere, great food and a friendly, smart staff. The menu is very varied covering everything from a simple burger to more complex offerings, all at good prices that make the value of the meals a relative bargain. With the variety of places to eat on River Street, Barracuda Bob's adds a choice that looks and feels like nothing else.

New York City, New York
“One of their first customers!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This restaurant had their opening day yesterday, August 28. They were enticing customers by offering a breaded fried grouper sample to passersby on River Street. I enjoyed the sample, but asked if I could get a grilled grouper dinner rather than fried. I was told it wasn't on the menu, but that they would make my dinner anyway I wanted it, as all meals were prepared from scratch. I had to explain all this to my waiter John, who listened politely and then went to the chef to explain my preferences.
The meal arrived in about 15 minutes, an 8 - 10 oz grouper fillet grilled with a sea salt and garlic buttered finish. The fillet was firm but moist inside, exquisite in taste and texture. Accompanying the fish were mashed potatoes and baby broccoli, the potatoes average and the broccoli finished with a similar garlicky butter as the fish. John wanted to explain about all the mini-brews the bar offered, but as I told him I didn't imbibe alcohol, he just kept my soda glass filled. I indulged in a key lime dessert, properly tarted. I did not want to indulge in the extravagantly sucrose "Moonpie", but I'm sure that will be a hit for anyone with a sweet tooth.
One would expect a few hiccups and miscues on any restaurant's opening night, but this wasn't the case with this meal.