“Worth every penny and the ride”

Love's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #106 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A wonderful lady at the South Carolina visitors center recommended Love's to us, it was a bit out of the way, but what a great atmosphere. A very comforting view of the river and a bit of trivia is that it was a set for one of the scenes in Forrest Gump. We enjoyed a very generous portion of Atlantic white shrimp. The cocktail sauce was too spicy for my wife, but I loved it. The side dishes were tasty and fresh. It is well worth the price and the drive.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went there last night with my family, two adults two children 7 n 4. Our apps were frog legs and alligator fingers, it took over 20 mins to get them. Daughter had the crab ball she didnt like it at all so we tried it and it to say it nicely wasnt the best tasting crab cake (formed in a ball) the hushpuppies werent good either, I had the *stuffed flounder* which is just a filet of flounder with crab meat stuffing on top. It was over done and had a funny taste being pregnant I didnt want to take the chance so I sent it back and got the babba gump shrimp which was shrimp with that same crab meat over it. My husband got tue Georgia alligator which was pretty kuch the same as tue appetizer alligator nuggets lil bites of deep fried alligator which hebwasnt happy with because they should have explained that that what it was. My son had the catfish which he thought was good, but hated that the hushpuppies were so bad. We spent almost 130 Dallas on 4 people for not good food we left disappointed and would never be returning there again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We decided to visit Love's Seafood on a recent Sunday night after a suggestion for good seafood from a waitress at another restaurant where we had breakfast that morning. The restaurant is located on the banks of the Ogeechee River on Highway 17 about 15 minutes from our hotel on exit 94 of I-95. It has a slightly upscale fish camp sort of look to the premises that appeared to be very well maintained. We were seated promptly although the place was quite busy. We were surprised how large the restaurant was - its been added onto over the years. My wife ordered the broiled scallops basted in apricot sauce. The platter consisted of 12 large tender discs of sweet meat that were perfectly prepared along with two sides. I ordered the all you can eat fried Georgia white shrimp with creamed spinach and a baked potato. The shrimp were fresh and large - lightly battered and perfectly cooked. The waitress ordered a refill of shrimp right on time to insure that I did not miss a beat. By ordering a moderately priced bottle of wine with our meal, we received a $5 discount off our meal which was a bonus. Our table overlooking the cresting river provided the finishing touch to a wonderful experience. We will be back on our next trip to Savannah.

1  Thank PapaRob
Reviewed February 20, 2013

First of all I want to thank all the people who responded to original post on Savannah forums. We traveled from Nashville,TN to Savannah this week. We were only spending one night and wanted good seafood restaurant close to our motel. Love's was the closest and when googled came with great reviews. Located next to Ogeeche River with a great view from our table. I got Crab Augratin which came lukewarm. Appetizer was alligator tips which were great. Fresh and hot. Husband had seafood platter which was overfried then served lukewarm. Even waitress who was quite friendly offered to have hush puppies redone. Once mine was reheated it was very good. Not sure if this was an off night but not the best seafood meal we have had.

1  Thank middrose
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Me and my husband decided to celebrate an early Valentines day date ....we called in advance to see if we needed reservations ....the young lady who answered the phone was exceptionally courtious and informative. Based on the secretary's positive perky attitude I decided this was a great spot to try out . Unfortunately my husband and I did not receive our moneys worth or times worth. The kids (staff) were all gossiping, I as a customer shouldn't know about ashleys life drama. In addition to the unprofessionallism, we did not formally meet our waitress for twenty five minutes after being seated, when she did come over she exemplified a strong sense of childs play, she would not pay attention to what we were ordering. Needless to say my mahi mahi turned into undercooked soggy crusted so called stuffed flounder! My husbands salad....out the bag..the waitress did not apologize ..she.simply explained that the bag of salads r never sealed back up. After no effort to fix my meal I asked for the manager ....a lady named rene came to our table to ask what the problem was. I explained only to have her stomp off with an attitude. I was shocked! She clearly went to the owner john, he was the worst! He grunted and scratchd his head violently, snatched up my fish and gruntted off to rene, they enjoyed a laugh and I enjoyed walking out that back woods hell hole! Red lobster and fiddlers from now on!

1  Thank gingermama05