“Our Trip to Savannah was for 1 reason and 1 reason only.”
Review of Lady & Sons

Lady & Sons
Ranked #104 of 869 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: America loves the "First Lady of Southern Cooking" Paula Deen and her The Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. The Lady & Sons had its humble beginnings in June 1989, when Paula and her sons Jamie & Bobby launched the Bag Lady catering company out of her home. Soon after, the family's landmark restaurant opened its doors to much acclaim. The Lady & Sons offers The Lady's Southern Buffet daily for Lunch and Dinner. In addition The Lady & Sons offers a full menu packed with Deen Family Signature dishes Monday through Saturday, for Lunch and Dinner.
Fontana, California
“Our Trip to Savannah was for 1 reason and 1 reason only.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

For years my sister and I have wanted to come to Savannah for the sole purpose of eating at The Lady and Sons. Through the years I have watched and made Ms Paula's southern recipes just like my own mama used make. Her humor and way about her reminds us so much of our mama. We were seated on the 3rd floor with a great view of square. We went for the Buffet and we were not disappointed. Ms Paula's food was like stepping into the past and our times spent around the kitchen table with mama and her southern food that we grew up on. It was well worth the trip. From her Pot Roast and Fried Chicken to the complementary Hoe Cakes and black eyed peas I ate until I could not get one more morsel in my tummy but most defiantly did not miss out on the banana pudding and gooey butter cakes. Mama would say my eyes were bigger than my stomach. The wait staff was super great and friendly. We made reservations so our wait was not to long. Reservations are highly recommended. The Lady and Sons is a must while in Savannah and well worth the trip from California to eat there.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
“The Lady and Sons Restaurant - WOW”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We made reservations and showed up not knowing what to expect... a little confusion at the door with our reservation, but we got sat quickly on the 3rd floor and were served by Jared. He was fantastic! We both ordered the chicken pot pie - to date, I had thought I had it mastered. I was wrong - this must be tasted by everyone. It's incredibly rich, but SO worth it... indescribable. Our food arrived quickly, we had great service and the food was to die for. Thank you Paula Deen for not disappointing! With how busy the restaurant was, I was worried we'd be late for our 10 pm Ghost Tour... but we were right on time and not rushed. Wonderful way to spend a few $. I can't wait for the leftovers in my hotel fridge!!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank simchrkim
“Dreams Dashed”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

For those who are interested in my opinion of Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady and Sons, read on...

First off, we made reservations for 6pm, but we were made to wait over 20 minutes after, in a crowded store/seating area. My opinion, when people go out of their way to let you know they are coming and reserve a table, be courteous enough to hold up your end of the deal.
After being ushered to a table, we waited.......orders were placed. Here is what we ordered along with my review of the items.

Complementary ho cakes-delicious and buttery!
Complementary cheddar biscuits- David loved them! Fresh, cheesy and steaming hot!
Appetizer $9.99 seafood dip- Tasted mostly of onions. Barely any seafood at all. The only discernible meat was a small amount of shrimp. Not enjoyable or special.
Buffet $17.99
Fried chicken- delicious!
(Beware, if you read on, your opinion of Paula Deens cooking may change)
Mashed Potatoes-instant
Green beans-canned
Collards-yummy
Sweet potatoes-over cooked and sickly sweet
Shrimp boil-bland, sausage was gross, shrimp corn and potatoes were passable
Jambalaya-inedible. Over cooked, boxed flavor
Salad bar-a joke
Pork-of the same quality as Golden Corral
Complementary peach cobbler-super heavy and, if you can believe it, too buttery. No life whatsoever.
Complementary banana pudding-all wafers. Very dry. 1 piece of banana.

The service was very poor. We did not get a single drink refill until we were leaving the restaurant. We waited over 20 minutes to receive our check.

The atmosphere was lousy with over crowded, loud spaces and the restaurant had an overall feeling of grease. We will not go back, nor will we ever suggest that our friends and family eat at Lady and Son's when visiting Savannah.

3 Thank Jessieccderma
St. Catharines, Canada
“Had to go”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our friend is a huge Paula Deen fan and so we had to go. We had not made a reservation and so were put on the 3rd floor of the restaurant. Our water, Taj, was efficient and very helpful. We chose to go with the buffet. It was the best way to sample a variety of food and the price was reasonable. Best fried chicken I have ever had. Good value.

1 Thank dmbroadley
Dunnellon
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were very disappointed. Went there with family to celebrate a birthday.
The atmosphere in the first floor dining area is VERY loud.The acoustics of the room made the normal conversations at other tables seem like a continuous roar.It didn't help that they were BLASTING music also.
Nothing good or bad to say about the service except that it was adequate .
The food,however was the most disappointing .Our server told us the evenings specials and 3 in our party ordered one of them,only to be told 2minutes later that "we just ran out" .The chicken pot pie and flounder were deemed ok by those that had them. The peach glazed grouper sounded delicious but was not. It was nothing more than a piece of boiled fish with BBQ sauce dumped on it.
So unless you're a big fan of Paula who wants to say they've been there,then I wouldn't make it a point to go..

1 Thank Gisela T