“It was an experience....”
Review of Lady & Sons

Lady & Sons
Ranked #104 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: America loves the "First Lady of Southern Cooking" Paula Deen and her The Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah, Georgia. The Lady & Sons had its humble beginnings in June 1989, when Paula and her sons Jamie & Bobby launched the Bag Lady catering company out of her home. Soon after, the family's landmark restaurant opened its doors to much acclaim. The Lady & Sons offers The Lady's Southern Buffet daily for Lunch and Dinner. In addition The Lady & Sons offers a full menu packed with Deen Family Signature dishes Monday through Saturday, for Lunch and Dinner.
Richmond, Kentucky
“It was an experience....”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The menu was typical southern cuisine with a few twists here and there. I had the grilled asparagus sandwhich with "jelly roll" fries and both were absolutely wonderful. They have a buffet that I did not try since everything on it was something I could have cooked at home (fried chicken, country steak, corn on the cob, mac/cheese, etc.) We only had to wait for lunch for about 20 minutes but was told in the summer, it's impossible to get in. If you like Paula Deen, it's worth the wait just to say you have eaten there.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“paying for the name certainly not the food.”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Got the buffet because of all the different variety I thought I'd love to try some of Paula's recipes for her fried chicken and sides. Big disappointment for both my husband and myself. The chicken tasted just like any fried chicken you get from any buffet and the sides....YUK...instant mashed potatoes and canned watery green beans, stuffing that was very mushy and gritty. We really loved the cheese roll and the fried corn bread the server brings to your table when you are seated. We also asked if they had a desert list. We were informed they didn't but she told us what they had. I asked if they didn't have something sugarless and she informed us that they had a sugar free chocolate torte but it cost another 5.99 where the few other deserts she mentioned were included with the cost of the buffet. So we decided to try the chocolate torte and it was delicious. We split it and couldn't believe it was sugarless...I couldn't wait to get home to look up the recipe so I could make it at home. Well I found out it wasn't sugarless like the server told us. I asked her several times if she was sure there wasn't any sugar in it and she assured me there wasn't. My husband and I were very lucky we didn't get sick from it. We have to be very careful of our sugar intake after weight loss surgery.
It was the worst meal we had on our visit to Savannah. Don't waste your money.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kanitster
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Lady and Sons Just Didn't Do it For Me”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Lady and Sons was top on our list of things to do while in Savannah, but it was a little disappointing. The service was good, but the buffet aside from the Low Country Boil was disappointing. The food was not hot and the choices were not what we were expecting. Several in the group ordered off the menu and thought the chicken pot pie was good. The decor was so so, which in all honesty could have been because we were place right by the door. I would still suggest eating here, but ask for a table out of the path if the front door and buffet.

1 Thank J R
Miami, Florida
“Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I had the Sunday lunch buffet. It was good but not great. I think the restaurant is over rated. Probably won't be going back.

1 Thank Skimba
atlanta
“not your typical tourist trap.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Food was excellent!!! chicken pot pie yummy!!! desserts great!!! crab sandwich good, scallops good too!! potato roll fries yummy!! service great too!!!

1 Thank gatito22