“Unbelievable”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
Ranked #22 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped into the hotel on our way home from the Holidays because I the name. When we got there the lobby is a disaster dust everywhere from the renovations. We were told the rooms weren't affected so we decided to stay due to the reasonable rate! Big mistake our room looked halfway clean this HGI might as well have been a Motel 7. The front desk clerk Katie was very apologetic, but her attempts to contact management were unsuccessful. Not what we have come to expect from Hilton properties, and probably will not be staying at this one again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting for just a night. I arrived at about 4:30pm on Saturday, Dec 28th after being stuck in horrible traffic on I-95. The entire lobby and main hallways were under massive construction. All carpets were gone and there was caution tape everywhere along with construction workers. There was only a single employee at the desk checking people in, taking phone calls, etc. She was so swamped. Because of the constructions, I avoided dinner there and at out. It doesn't bother me that there was construction, but I think it is good for people to know. A gentleman checking in after me said he would have stayed elsewhere. As far as the room, it was great. VERY spacious! VERY clean! There was a Keurig on the room, which was convenient. There were not construction issues, noises, etc from my room. I will say they were working so fast that I bet the work will be done in no time. It looked like they had started carpeting the left side of the lobby. I would definitely stay here again. It is right off of I-95, there is a Sam Snead's, Ruby Tuesday's, and Olive Garden, as well as a bunch of fast food restaurants very close by.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2013

After being backed up on HWY 95 for so long we were beyond pleased to arrive at a decent hotel. When we walked in we noticed the hotel was under renovations the front desk clerk Heather was ridiculously busy I think she was the only one there not a manager in sight. We could tell she was busy so we went straight to our room and called down for a few things later, and then went down to have dinner in the meeting room they have set up for it. The rooms were ok, but the service was excellent in all honesty Melissa and Heather made our day nothing like a few laughs after being stuck in traffic for so long!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposit end of the lobby as that is where they are renovating.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here during a long drive from Florida to Virginia. It's right off I 95 so it's easy to find. Desk clerk, Katie, was welcoming and helpful. She must have been there all night because she was at her post in the morning when we departed still chipper and helpful. Nice dining area in the lobby area where we enjoyed dinner. The room was clean, quiet and well appointed. The room rate was attractive compared to other properties in the area. Would recommend they offer a complementary continental breakfast. They offer a full breakfast for $10, but one might not want that much in the morning. It's better to hit the road and stop at McDonalds down the highway. Will stay here on our next trip south.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013

A good value, but under reno right now. The beds may have been the worst I've ever experienced at decent property (meaning not Comfort Inn or Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn caliber). Staff was nice. Very convenient for my particular trip. Wouldn't be if you were planning to hang out in Savannah.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My mom and I booked this hotel after we spent the entire day at the airport only to have our flight canceled with no food or hotel vouchers. We booked it with HHonors Points and like the type of setup that Hilton Garden Inns have with breakfast. bar & restaurant but were COMPLETELY shocked that the lobby/restaurant was under construction as we were not told on the phone by Hilton Honors. That was the main reason we picked the hotel. Though the front desk girl was very nice. We had to walk under plastic tarps to get to the elevator to the third floor. Luckily our room was on the third floor. The restaurant was limited menu setup in a conference/banquet room on the first floor. We did not eat here but had a few drinks. Stephanie, our server was extremely nice and very sympathetic to our troubles that brought us to the hotel and comp'd two of our drinks for us.. which was super nice of her. Stephanie was really outgoing and seemed to genuinely care about everyone in the restaurant that night. She made our night. The guestroom was standard, a little outdated but glad to see that there was a Keurig Machine but limited K-Cups. Room was clean and comfy. Desk was a little dirty though.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family and I were visiting last November and my husband became ill after arriving the first day. He was hospitalized for 10 days. The staff at the Hilton went beyond being so kind, we will never forget their very generous hospitality. They treated us like we were part of their family. The Hilton is very beautiful.! Hope to stay their again next year. Lindy Lombardi

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family