“Decent place to sleep”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
Ranked #22 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before flying out first thing from the Savannah Airport in the morning. Clean room, staff was pleasant, shower was good. Bed was comfortable. I would stay here again if I had another early morning flight. There are lots of choices at this exit of I-95--this is a good choice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stopped over for one night as my flight arrived late and I was meeting friends the next day at the airport to begin our vacation in the South.
I lucked out, as the shuttle was there when I arrived, with room left for one more person. The driver was really polite and friendly and the Hotel was just about a 10 minute ride from the lovely Savannah Airport.
The staff were really friendly, the room was good and had all the amenities one would need, plus really comfortable beds.
I had paid for the breakfast plan and didn't have to check out till 1200, so I could catch up on my sleep, go down to breakfast, (good - bacon/eggs/cereal/fruit/toast/coffee e.) go the business centre to email family of safe arrival....all before check-out.
I had to hang out at the Hotel until 4pm to meet my friends coming off another flight and the staff (especially Camilla @ reception) were so nice to me.
There is complementary tea and coffee in the lobby all day, and an area where you can buy drinks/snacks, and a few outside tables with umbrellas where you can sit in the sun. There is also an outdoor swimming pool, small gym, Laundry room, and Business Centre.
The Hotel has a pretty, inviting, cosy lobby and sits in a lovely quiet area with well maintained gardens overlooking the beautiful Marshland/water.
I would definately recommend this Hotel and, like one of the other reviewers mentioned, I too heard lots of laughter amongst the staff, which sounded so nice and a sure sign that they enjoy working here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank live42ootravel
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room was clean and people working there were very friendly and helpful. Would definately recomend someone to stay here. There are option close by as far as getting something outside the hotel to eat. Also easy access to highway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was Oktoberfest in town, so we were very happy we were staying away from the crowds! Hotel was clean and well stocked. Staff was helpful and cheerful. Would certainly stay there again. It was an easy drive to the Historic District...about 20-25 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

As many previewers have said, The Hilton Garden Inn near Savannah Airport leaves absolutely nothing to complain about. Here it is all about attitude, Attitude of the staff at every level. Really exceptional people are part of this team. This is not the place where employees have a expression that says: I am not happy here.. Quite the opposite.. The employees like their job and are readily expressing this with their helping attentiveness toward their guests.
The young lady at the front desk by name of Katie greeted us with a huge smile, even at close to 10pm.. The check in was done with alacrity and we were in the room. Katie is a real asset .

As the Hilton brand symbolizes, the room was exceptional. Nothing not to like about the bedding and overall comfort. The shower head is something worth mentioning; wish I had one at home.
Neutrogena toiletries were another plus.

Special accommodations were made for us , we were leaving in the am early to fly to Atlanta and planned to drive back late evening from further away.. We left our car there, even though we were not sure we would make it back that night. We did , even at 1am.Late checkout was not a issue. The sunday breakfast was not the usual free buffet layout..The cost was $10.00 and worth every penny and then some. Cook there to prepare eggs, omelets etc, as you wish.. Fresh fruits . including pineapple,, strawberries etc. What made the experience even better was the server by the name of Beverly, another sincere smiling lady very pleased with her employment. We had some pleasurable conversation and a really great breakfast.

The van driver was a very nice guy.. I was eating an orange at 5am and he went inside to bring out napkins..I am so sorry I can not remember his name but he was on duty early Saturday morning (oct5) and I wish to thank him for his kindness.
Can not imagine anyone not appreciating this accommodation.

Thanks for the pleasant experience..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was a nice value easy access from Interstate and easy access to downtown or airport and nice room only 40 min drive to GSU when everything is sold out or charging $200 a night for normal $85 room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

As always I could never see myself staying anywhere but a Hilton hotel. The staff was excellent and my hotel was in the shopping/restaurant vicinity. I loved my room as it was very clean, but it smelled faintly of cigarette smoke. Other than that it is a nice clean place to stay and the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo