New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #19 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Virginia
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Quiet, clean, and very convenient to the airport. Staff was very nice, and room service was excellent. I was initially concerned about how close it was to the airport, but I never heard a single plane. I will stay here again and highly recommended it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mike P,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the hotel and staff. I am happy to hear that you did not hear any airport noise. The hotel is very well insulated and we do not receive many comments regarding the airport noise. I am happy to hear that you will stay with us again and recommend it to others.

Tommy Beyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel has a very pretty lobby and the restaurant/bar in the lobby is very welcoming. I had a cheeseburger for dinner and it was fantastic! We also had breakfast and it was also delicious. (Be aware however, that it is one price for a meal, whether you want a small or large breakfast) The gentleman serving during breakfast was wonderful, very friendly, cheerful and helpful.

Our room was very clean and nicely furnished. However, the walls were thin enough that our neighbors coughing kept waking up my husband. The bottom sheet was too small for the mattress and kept coming off during the middle of the night. In addition, our bed was in poor condition and we kept rolling into the middle of the mattress all night long. Neither one of us got a good nights sleep because of these problems.

When I finally got up around 5am, I went down to the lobby to read. The lights were all turned out at that time. I asked the front desk if I could turn on the lamps and I tried to read by them but it was very difficult to see. The front desk person never offered to put the overhead lights on while I was there for almost 2 hours.

I would not stay here again because of the poor bed. The staff at the front desk were nice but were not service oriented.

Room Tip: Avoid room 210 because of the bed. Also, the window looks directly out at the air conditioning unit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank cheers2all
Dear cheers2all,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff and meals you ate with us. I do want to take the time to address the issues you experienced. I can understand how frustrating it can be to not have a comfortable bed while staying at a hotel. I have already followed up with my Chief Engineer regarding this issue and can assure you that we will handle this problem. I have also addressed the issue you experienced with the front desk staff. I can assure you that what you experienced is not typical for our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and appreciate your business. I hope you will give our hotel another chance to earn your business in the future.

NIAGARA ON THE LAKE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have come to rely on Hilton Garden Inns. They are 100% consistent in quality and service. It reminds me of MacDonalds; you always know what you are getting. This Garden Inn was no exception, perfect in everything the did. I would have preferred freshly baked cookies as we have seen in other Garden Inns.

It would be nice to have had a larger sign at the entrance from the main road, the hotel was a little difficult to find. Thanks for my GPS.

Tip. There are a lot of hotels in the immediate area. I would still pick this one over the others.

• 5 of 5 stars
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Tom V,

Thank you for commenting on the level of consistency that you feel the Hilton Garden Inn brand provides. We do provide fresh baked cookies and the cooks place them out around 5pm. It is great to hear that you would continue to choose our hotel instead of the many others in our area. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and thanks for your business.

Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My name is Laura. For my job, I do a lot of traveling. I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport 5 times or more. The staff is veyr helpful and friendly. I was just there the first week of January. When I was there in November, the chef had made a great pulled pork sandwich. This time it was not on the menu. I asked the waitress if they can make it for me. And yes they did. The chef did a great job. I have had excellent service from the waitress, to the chef, to the front desk, and housekeeping. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't have a room by the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Laura P,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We truly appreciate your business and the kind words you wrote regarding your visits to our hotel. It is always nice to hear that our team went out of their way to meet your special request. We are really looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Tommy Beyer (and Team)
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

On a recent two-days visit to Savannah, we found the Hilton Garden Inn well situated for us to cover a number of diffent locations in the Savannah area. While the hotel was especially close to the airport and I95, we also made several visits to the nearby 8th Air Force Museum and the historic areas of downtown Savannah. The hotel staff provided excellent advice on easy routes to downtown and how to avoid rush hour traffic.

• 5 of 5 stars
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Gbraze,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are certainly centrally located to a number of attractions in the Savannah area. Many guests prefer to stay with us and then travel to Hilton Head or the outlets as well. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Tommy Beyer (and team)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

When we checked in the staff was very helpful. Room was clean and shower pressure more than acceptable. Breakfast was prepared and not the standard buffet you get at most 3 star hotels. Not as good as the one in Ponte Verda but still a pleasent night. Again, great staff. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Be a part of Hilton Honors
1 Thank chienee
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear chienee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotels with other travelers. We appreciate the fact that you noticed the friendliness of our team and the quality of the breakfast. We also appreciate your feedback and business. We are looking forward to seeing you on future trips through Savannah and hope the New Year is treating you well.

Tommy Beyer (and team)
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great hotel. Clean, quite rooms, friendly staff and easy transport to airport...great breakfast, free coffee in lobby in morning before airport.

Business center and pool not used this trip but looked nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Luluflies,

Thanks for the excellent review of our hotel. We always strive to provide a clean room with great service. I will be sure to share your review with the entire team and we hope to see you whenever your travels take you to the Savannah area.

Tommy Beyer (and Team)