“Great service, convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
Ranked #22 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed overnight on the way back North from Florida. The front desk staff were friendly and more than willing to give any possible help. Check-in and check-out were effortless. Ate at the small restaurant in the hotel, good tasty food served fresh and hot. Will not make the Michelin guide, but was just what I needed after driving from Miami. Small bar with a decent seletion of drinks rounded out dinner. Breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious. Overall this hotel far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear pealringer,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. I appreciate your business and your feedback. I will be sure to share your review with my front desk and restaurant team members. It is always nice to hear a guest say that we exceeded their expectations. I hope to see you on future trips to Savannah.

Happy Holidays,

Tommy Beyer

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked a room here 2 weeks prior from Rome Italy.At the airport we could find no courtesy phone to call for the shuttle, so we asked the clerk at a car rental to do so. We waited 45 minutes for the shuttle ,then asked the taxi stand to call the hotel again. The hotel clerk said she never got the call even though I had the same name of the clerk as the taxi guy did. The van arrived ,1 mile away,as apologies were given. At the hotel the clerk said she was sorry and claimed she got caught up in booking someone else and forgot about us. She offered drinks as a gift. My wife had a bottle of water I asked for beer. She said no she would have to charge me for it,I said fine do it. The room was fine the bed was great,but there was a machine that kept coming on every few minutes that ran for 10 seconds or so then shut off.It sounded like a water pump. Dead tired and constantly interupted sleep.I can't think of why we would risk staying there again.

Room Tip: ASK about the room noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Hi Peter R,

I wanted to take the time to apologize for the issues you experienced during your most recent stay at our hotel. I can understand your frustration with having to wait so long for the shuttle, considering the proximity of the hotel to the airport. I can assure you that this is not typical for our hotel. We have already had a long discussion with the Front Desk agent who was on duty the night of your arrival. I would also like to apologize for the noise you experienced in your room. I am having maintenance check into this issue and it will be resolved. We strive to provide the best experience possible for every guest during each stay and it is clear that we failed on your visit. We will take your feedback and work to improve in the areas you addressed. I hope you will give our hotel another chance to earn your business in the future, so we can prove that what you experienced is not usual for our hotel.

Tommy Beyer

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stay here frequently. This is one of the best bang ofr you buck hotels in the area. It's easy to get in and out of, the property is nice for it's price range and the staff is very helpful. I stay here frequently when traveling to the area. It's not downtown but it's got some decent food around and I'm in the area for work frequently.

Room Tip: I like rooms in the 340 range. you can use the back door and park around back to avoid a lot of traf...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear spd98,

Thank you for your business and for writing a review about your stay. We certainly strive to provide the best possible value to our guests and are happy to hear that you noticed this. The local area is being built up and we do have a nice selection of restaurants within a five mile radius. We hope you enjoy the holidays and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight on our way back from Florida - this was a great hotel - quiet, comfortable, and close enough to Savannah for dinner! We stayed in a king suite, and the garden jacuzzi tub was a hit with the kids! Efficient check-in and friendly staff members. The hotel is right off the interstate, so easy to get back on the road in the morning. We will stay there again!

Room Tip: The king suites have a great garden jacuzzi tub! The kids loved it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear MamaDuck2000,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your business and the fact that you took the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that your kids enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub and that you are coming back to stay with us in the future.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We could have found a cheaper place for a one-night stopover, but it was worth the premium price to stay here. Surprisingly quiet so close to the airport. Location is right off I-95 and no need to go into town and navigate Savannah’s narrow streets and difficult parking situation. Hotel is very clean and well-kept. Room was large, bed was very comfortable, bathroom had nice Neutrogena products. The fact that breakfast is not free was a big plus for us - deters large families and the accompanying noise. Instead, for $9.95 per person, we enjoyed a civilized, cooked-to-order breakfast in quiet refinement. A great way to start the day. With plenty of other hotels in the immediate area, we highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlwaysOnLocation
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear AlwaysOnLocation,

Thanks for the wonderful review of your stay at our hotel. We do our best to keep the hotel clean and provide the best level of service possible. I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed a quiet breakfast and that it was cooked properly. We are anxiously awaiting your return and appreciate your business.

Tommy Beyer (and Staff)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We booked the Hilton Garden Inn - Savannah Airport as an overnighter for our New Jersey to Disney trip. After staying there, I wished we could have stayed another day to explore Savannah and relax at the hotel. It was located right off of I-95 and very convenient for tired drivers. The hotel was extremely clean and the breakfast was delicious. I did not realize how close the airport was until I went outside to the pool. You cannot hear the planes in the room. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again for our next Disney trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear mjbonfig,

Thanks for the wonderful review of our hotel. We hope you will plan a trip to Savannah in the future and we can provide another exceptional stay for you and your family. We appreciate your business and the fact that you took the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here on our way TO and FROM Disney recently and it was perfect. Great location and very friendly staff. Bonus is that it is so close to a great Waffle House (a real treat for us from up North). Convenient to I-95 and also to downtown Savannah. We will stay here again on our next Disney trek

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MLN221
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear MLN221,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We are conveniently located off I-95 and are close to a few area restaurants such as Waffle House and Sam Sneeds. We thank you for your business and hope to see you in the future.