“Savannah Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
Ranked #23 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great hotel - great location - great staff! It was perfect, along with a simple location right off I-95! The front desk staff went above and beyond to be helpful while I was teaching a seminar reserved at the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MKI0202
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear MKI0202,

Thank you for saying that our hotel and staff is great. We really appreciate your comments and the fact that you took the time to share your experience with other travelers. We hope to see you on future trips and look forward to helping with any other meeting needs you may have.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We did not have a reservation, but they were able to accommodate exactly what we needed. Rooms were clean. Nothing to complain about at all. Nice, hot breakfast as well!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Jennifer B,

Thanks for the quick review. We really appreciate your business and the fact that you took the time to write a review of our hotel.

Thanks again,

Reviewed August 4, 2012

When my family travel to Florida. We have learned that stopping in Savannah breaks the monotony of I-95. We love this location. It is always very clean, and the rooms are outstanding. And the staff are amazingly helpful, we have tried other locations in Savannah. But none hold a candle to this location. The only shortcoming is that everybody else is finding out how great it is, and you really have to plan your reservations in advance to beat the rush. Please keep up the good work, and we will keep giving you our business.

Room Tip: There are restaurants in the area, but the room service rates are comparable to what is around. So...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Don P
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Don P,

Thanks for the excellent review of our hotel. It is always nice to hear such positive feedback about our hotel. I will take the time to share this review with my team members. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Savannah.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were in the process of moving from Virginia to Florida and needed a clean and comfortable place to stay after a nine hour drive. The service was fantastic. Johnathan, in particular, made our stay here memorable. If you're looking for southern hospitality, stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Vabeach14

Dear Vabeach14,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We try to provide a great experience for our guests on each visit. I will pass the comments about Johnathan along to him and his leader. We hope to see you on future trips to the area.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My first drive alone to Florida to get my ailing Mom to NC, and I chose your hotel for my first night stay. Everyone was so accommodating and made me feel welcome. My room was great and I felt entirely safe. I stopped again on my return trip with my Mom and again the service was outstanding. Thank You, Hilton Gardens staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Carolyn H,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to meet your lodging needs. We are thrilled to hear that you decided to return to our hotel on your way back to Florida. We always love to see familiar faces and hope to see you in the future. We wish your mother a speedy recovery.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, directly off I-95. There are many places to eat close by. It's also in a very safe location, and that gets points on my scorecard. Easy check in and check out. The front desk agent was very welcoming and got me signed up for the HHonors program since this is now my preferred hotel. Very clean and quiet with adequate space. I also found the speed of the wireless internet connection to be faster than at other hotels I've stayed at. Room service is also another nice option, though I didn't use it this time. I must admit the difference maker for me was the Garden Sleep System bed and linens. It was an excellent night's sleep after having been on a long road trip. I had actually requested a later check out because I literally wasn't ready to get out of the bed yet. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Weizl
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Weizl,

Thank you for pointing out that we are in a safe and convenient location. I am happy to hear that you are now a loyal Hilton Honors member, I am sure you will love the program. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We decided to take a weekend trip to Savannah a few days ago. I am usually in charge of deciding where we stay, and I always check TripAdvisor to get an idea of how recent lodgers feel, and this was true for this trip as well. Initially, I thought I wanted to stay in the historic district, but I had an issue with what I felt to be outlandish costs++++ juxtaposed with missing perks like decent room size, FREE parking, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, breakfast, and giving us a military discount. After a few calls to historic area hotels, I learned that their costs were often doubled from the listed price per night. So I took notice that the Hilton Garden Airport Inn is currently rated #1 in Savannah by travelers ( this was impressive enough), and it included the basic small appliances hotels should offer and free parking. I called to make my reservation and received a military discount. The representative -- I forgot his name ;-( --who spoke with me super late Friday night (7.20.2012) was very personable and went on to tell me about the hotel and mentioned the "sleep number" type of bed. When we arrived, the lobby was impeccable, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and check in was a breeze. The room was nice and spacious enough, and everything was clean and in place. When we wanted to access the cities highlights, it didn't take long---I think we got to the bustling River Street within 20 minutes. This hotel was reasonably priced (even without our discount), we got a great night's sleep, and it is truly guest-centered. I am glad that I chose this hotel for our stay, would stay again, and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank beento
HGISavannahAirportGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Beento,

Thank you for checking Trip Advisor prior to making a decision on where to stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System beds. We are looking forward to seeing you on future trips to the Savannah area.