“A " must do" on a visit to Savannah!”

Free Savannah Tours
Ranked #16 of 147 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Your Mind Blown In 90 Minutes or You Don't Pay a Dime! You, like most visitors in Savannah, are only here for a few days- Your time is Valuable- You need a Tour. In Our World: Your satisfaction determines everything! We are so Confident you will love our service, that we take our fee's thru your Gratuities. Feel Assured your guide will work harder for your tips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was my family's second trip to Savannah but this time we really wanted to see and experience the charm of this city. I did my homework and really read the reviews from the popular tours listed on Tripadvisor. We had taken a trolley tour on our first visit to Savannah and I found it to be so so and the only thing my family remembers from that tour was our crazy tour guide" Sue" and her crazy driving that we still joke about whenever we see a trolley. This time we wanted to hear and experience a smaller guided tour, and afer all the 5 Star reviews we decided to give this free walking tour a try. Wow what a great decision that was! Daniel our tourguide was wonderful, he is extremely friendly, knowledgable, and has a great personality. We had our twelve year old son with us and he was so interested in the stories Daniel was telling he asked several questions and was intrigued from start to finish. I learned so much about the history of Savannah and really feel like I have so much more respect for this amazing and beautiful city. There was no pressure tactics this is a free tour but make sure you tip him, trust me it's so worth your time!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I just went Daniel's free walking tour of Savannah this March and had a lovely time! He's a Savannah local and is passionate and excited about his city. He is a historian and really knows how to share the history in an interesting and engaging way. He kept us hooked with a few cliffhangers as we walked to another point of interest, which made the tour fun.

Our tour was about 2 hours but it easily could have been longer since there's so much history in Savannah.

I've been on several other free walking tours in Europe and really enjoyed the guide and the business model. I'm always happy to tip for a great tour!

2  Thank b0916
Reviewed March 28, 2014

They say you get what you pay for, and in general I agree. But this tour was billed as--"tip the guide what you think the tour was worth." We thought it was worth a lot, frankly. A new company, they seem to have only one tour right now, a basic overview of Savannah that emphasizes the history through the physical landscape and architecture of the city. Since this was precisely the kind of tour we wanted to start off, it was perfect. Daniel, our guide, was immensely knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and eager to share his love of his hometown with us. And though he works only for tips, he is a licensed guide.

There are so many walking tours to choose from in Savannah we felt overwhelmed. They come with all kinds of prices and most have great reviews. We thought with this price we couldn't go wrong, and honestly, if they'd charged $20/$25 for the tour (which appears to be about the going rate, we wouldn't have gone wrong either. Which is what we tipped Daniel because we thought his tour was as good as any other we could have gotten.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband, sister, and I visited Savannah for the day and wanted to take in some of the local history. We chose Free Savannah Tours because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp and because we have experienced great walking tours in other cities. Daniel, our tour guide, did not disappoint. Daniel has incredible knowledge of the history of the city and adds enough commentary to keep it entertaining. He is quick to point out interesting facts and also makes himself available for questions. Savannah is a very walkable city and it would be a disservice to view it from a bus, if you are able to walk the 2 miles. While this tour group works solely for tips, one should consider paying them a comparable fee to a tour. Daniel was well worth it!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Did the 5:00 PM walking tour with Free Savannah Walking Tours this weekend in lovely Savannah, GA. As any walking-tour veteran can tell you, a walking tour is all about the itinerary (i.e. attractions/scenery) and guide. Since Savannah is such a pretty little burgh, it's a given the scenery will be good. Thus, it boils down to the guide, and Daniel is FANTASTIC! He's a Savannah native, who is obviously very knowledgeable and passionate about his fair city's history. He weaves together major themes about Savannah and its roots with interesting anecdotes and nuggets about the city's places and people. He's interesting, personable, and amiable. I definitely learned a lot and can highly recommend! Kudos, Daniel, on a good evening stroll...

1  Thank Matthew C