“A wonderful time”

Cuisines: American, European, British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Centrally located in the heart of Savannah’s Landmark Historic District, Churchill’s transforms an otherwise dated image of British cuisine and highlights the unique ingredients of coastal Georgia. Having worked together at the apex of dining in New York, California and Colorado, Chef Max Robbins and Managing Partner Gareth Tootell work with a shared vision of bringing outstanding hospitality and cutting edge culinary technique to the relaxed Bay Street setting. Set over three stories, Churchill’s offers a range of dining experiences including the open air roof terrace and an underground wine cellar, in addition to the iconic street level Main Bar & Dining Room. While the menu is an experience in and of itself, pair your meal with either a local beer, craft cocktail or one of the sommelier selected wines to take your experience to the next level.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I give this hotel and the service a 5+.
I highly was impressed with the professionalism of Kentia Jenkins.
I am so happy they are in the group
1st class. The entire staff is great

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We popped in at 9 minutes before midnight (they close at midnight) - we asked if it was too late to order a late night to go order to take back to our hotel. They were SO accommodating - they welcomed us and told us as long as they got the order in by 12 we could stay there and eat. We both ordered fish and chips and it was absolutely delicious! It came out quickly, and was hot. Fries were yummy too. Beer was cold and my mixed drink was perfect. The bartenders were nice (we sat at the bar). Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whether local or visiting, Churchill’s is a great place to have dinner.
Although their menu has a very nice selection (hard to pick), I finally settled on the pork belly tacos. Wow! What a totally delicious meal! The sauce and spices were oh so good, I could have easily had 3 more! Highly recommend.
Their Parmesan French fries with garlic aioli tasted home made and delicious.
My husband had the beef pie, and said it was very good.
The beers on tap are good; “creature comforts reclaimed rye” was particularly good and different.
Ambiance is nice; service is professional and friendly; booths and tables comfortable. Although right in the middle of tourist downtown area, we could actually have a nice dinner conversation without having to raise our voices.
All this without breaking the bank!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a delicious hamburger and P. lucked out with her half rack of ribs. It was very good. My onion rings were also a nice touch. The night we went, there was not a lot of people (it was very hot out & I think a lot of people were still battened down from the potential of Hurricane Dorian.). so the service was terrific,. NICE, BIG selection of beers as well. There are a lot of hamburger places & I can't speak for them, but I'd try this place again.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

We stopped here on one of our ghost tours and the bartenders were closing up for the night but when we walked in they greeted us so nicely and helped our whole group. They were super fast too. We had a pickle shot there and my best friend loved them!