“Disappointing”

The Firefly
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Enticing, Sexy and Fun bistro located in the Historic District, Troup Square on the corner of Habersham Street and E. Harris. Fabulous al fresco dining and your pets are welcome! The Firefly is whatever you want it to be from your first Romantic date to the important Business meeting, with everything in-between. The Firefly creates your most enjoyable dining experience. Listen to music, have some wine and dine on the divine.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Restaurant was convenient to hotel and reasonabley priced. When we got there at 7 pm on a Thursday evening we were the only customers. In the hour we sat there 1 other couple arrived. The place has a nice atmosphere and the service was good...one could even say singularly focused! However, the food was really disappointing. We had the hummus to start - you can buy more flavorful stuff in a tub at the grocery store. I had the pasta dish with sausage and mushrroms. The tomato sauce literally tasted like Cambell's tomato soup. The sausage was tasteless. I was served an enormous portion which I picked at...the server never asked why I didn't eat it. My guess is he knows it wasn't great. My daughter had the special ravioli of the day which was ok. All in all, I cannot recommend.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great service. The food was outstanding. Loved the salad with goat cheese, pecans and cranberries. The hummus was wonderful.

4  Thank Davonia B
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great lunch menu and beautiful European style sidewalk cafe. Although you can sit inside we chose outdoors with a view looking at the beautiful nearby park. Great food. Server not so friendly.

4  Thank wsrctraveler
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This neighborhood restaurant is very convenient for those staying at The Desoto Hilton Hotel. Excellent menu with careful attention to dietary restrictions and great ambience. Attentive waitstaff and reasonably priced. We have enjoyed frequent visits over the past decade.

5  Thank Todd45_12
Reviewed February 19, 2013

After reading several reviews of this restaurant, I was a bit skeptical about dining here since the reviews were so mixed. We decided to give The Firefly a try anyway, and for the most part, we enjoyed our dinner there. Our only complaints were that it was a bit noisy (especially since one party could be heard throughout the restaurant), and it's hard to carry on a conversation. Also, the food was a bit overpriced - everything is a la carte. However, we were pleasantly surprised at the creative presentation and flavorful salad and entrees we chose. We shared a large Greek salad which was loaded with kalamata olives and feta cheese - very tasty. My husband commented that the salmon entree he ordered was some of the best he has ever eaten. My chicken marsala was delicious and more than ample. The bread was also a great complement to the meal. Overall, it was a good experience.

5  Thank RamblingRoos