“Very accommodating”

Tequila's Town
Ranked #48 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Savannah's only tequila bar is known for "up a notch Mexican food." Tequila's Town offers genuine Mexican dishes and a modern twist on time-tested Tex-Mex favorites. With over 80 brands of premium Tequilas (Silver, Reposado, Añejo), we mix a great variety of cocktails and specialty Margaritas - Add wines from Argentina and Chile and seasonal, carefully selected specials from our Chef, Mauricio Pliego- and you have what we claim with pride as Savannah's best Mexican eatery. Awarded best of Savannah by Connect (2014, 2015, 2016), Eat It And Like It (2014, 2016) and Savannah Magazine (2014, 2015, 2016).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went in with a group of 10 - 6 teenagers and 4 adults - with no reservation on a holiday weekend and was seated very quickly with a smile. Our server, Louie, was very attentive and on spot with drinks, appetizers, and dinner orders. Everything came out in a timely manner and everyone was happy with the quality of their food. There was enough variety to satisfy everyone. We needed comfort food and we got it. Not earth-moving, ground-breaking, crazy-innovative fare - just really satisfying, tasty, and filling. Table-side guacamole was great. Loved the mix-and-match tacos on corn tortillas - the tuna was good! We fed 10 people for less than $150 (without tip or alcohol) and we felt like we got a lot for what we paid for.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the first place I went to when moved to Savannah, and it's still my favorite. I'm not sure if it's 100% authentic mexican food, but it feels like it and most of the staff here is mexican. I'm a mexican food lover, and this is by far one of my favorites of all mexican restaurants I've visited in different cities and countries.

To begin with, you MUST order the tableside guacamole, so fresh, so smooth, so delicious. Other appetizers I love are the Platano Macho con Queso Fresco, and Molletes de Chorizo. My favorite dish and my go-to is the Carnitas Tacos. The Arrachera is also very delicious. Plates are very generous, if you order appetizers and a meal, you'll be certainly full. For dessert, the churros for sure. Ohhh and the house margaritas for sure.

The place is very quaint, it's usually full during weekend nights so expect to encounter waiting time. Staff is very friendly, sometimes take too long to take your order (due to the crowding). Has a very nice atmosphere, especially during weekend nights with pretty people dressed up to go out.

100% recommended.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We were excited about trying tequilas town for lunch after reading raving reviews, but I couldn’t have been more disappointed. I’m not sure where these people who left the good reviews ate, because it certainly wasn’t the same place we did. The staff left so much to be desired- the hostess never said a word to us just rolled her eyes as she walked us to a table and tossed the menus down. The server wasn’t much better, never smiled or checked on us after we ordered. EVERYTHING we ordered had zero flavor, I’ve never had such bland food at a Mexican restaurant. I only ended up eating two bites of my chicken sopes and my sister had about the same of her cheesesteak burrito. Everything was soggy and chewy. I can say with absolute certainty that I will never be back.

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Came highly recommended but left highly disappointed. Taco salad was cold, shell was stale. Prices were reasonable but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

The chips are served warm so you just start dipping in the salsa. Don't eat too many, you'll want to eat some with the amazing table side guacamole.
Steak fajitas are very good. So is the arroz texano bowl.