“Pretty good food”

Tequila's Town
Ranked #28 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Savannah's only tequila bar is known for "up a notch Mexican food." Tequila's Town offers genuine Mexican dishes and a modern twist on time-tested Tex-Mex favorites. With over 80 brands of premium Tequilas (Silver, Reposado, Añejo), we mix a great variety of cocktails and specialty Margaritas - Add wines from Argentina and Chile and seasonal, carefully selected specials from our Chef, Mauricio Pliego- and you have what we claim with pride as Savannah's best Mexican eatery. Awarded best of Savannah by Connect (2014, 2015, 2016), Eat It And Like It (2014, 2016) and Savannah Magazine (2014, 2015, 2016).
Athens, New York
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Good food, price was right, service excellent, salsa good, chips warm but out of the bag, plate was hot but good was just warm. We will probably visit again.

Curitiba, PR
“Great Guac and very good prices”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stopped by Tequila's Town by accident not knowing it has become a rave spot in Historic Savannah. The place was packed with a line outside the door, but we didn't have to wait long. The big draw for us was the hand ground guacamole made at the table with onions, tomatoes, sea salt and just the spiciness you request. God it was good. We each had a pretty inexpensive entree with the guacamole and the bill came to a whopping $22 for a fantastic lunch. Although, as I have said, the restaurant was busy, the service was very good. I noticed that many people were ordering some margaritas "to go," in plastic cubs, which seems to be a Savannah thing.

• Visited November 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“So close to 5 stars, but not quite”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I want to give this place 5 stars, but unfortunately, I can't do it. Had I ordered something else, I may very well have gone the distance, but one of my items wasn't terrific, so its 4 stars you get.

This place though is worth the reviews it gets. My girlfriend and I came here for dinner after the rock n roll 1/2 marathon. I know what you're thinking - why go afterward? Wouldn't it have been much more funny to eat a lot of Mexican food before hand and watch the people running behind you suffer? Yes yes, all true, but I took the race seriously and running on rice, beans and tequila isn't smart. So we were here on a Saturday night on a weekend when the city was packed so, naturally, they were on a 90 minute wait. We hovered by the bar (we became excellent at this over this weekend) and grabbed two chairs when they opened up.

Firstly, when they bring you chips and salsa, they bring two sides of salsa, which is just common sense. One is never enough, but no restaurant automatically brings 2. So, kudos TT on that score. Second, we each ordered a drink - my girlfriend a mojito and me a caipirinha. Her mojito was terrific and mine was awesome, too. Haven't been able to find many places that make a really good caipirinha, but this place did it.

As for food, I was about to get fajitas, but instead got a single portion of the piggy burrito (normal size is 2 burritos, but they offer single portions) and an order to carne asada street tacos. The burrito was fantastic. Whatever cheese sauce was on there was to die for. I should have gotten 2 or gotten something else, because the street tacos were meh, and the reason I can only give 4 stars. They were nothing more than steak, onion and cilantro. Maybe that's a street taco in some places, but my girlfriend makes street tacos with a cole slaw mix with vinegar and chili powder and taco seasoning (and onions and cilantro) that will make you want to slap your mother for never cooking you anything so wonderful when you were growing up. Plus, I've been to a couple of places that do tacos with so much more flavoring than this. So you get 5+ stars for the burrito and drinks and extra salsa, but only a couple for the tacos. Hence your 2 stars.

The bartender serving us looked like he wanted to be anywhere but working that night. However, though he never smiled, he served us efficiently and we didn't have to wait too long for what we wanted, even though he was serving us and was the service bartender, too.

My final recommendation - eat here. You'll really like it. Just skip the street tacos.

• Visited November 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Worse mexican food I've ever had”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This place was crowded so seemed like a good sign. They don't speak much English so they couldn't answer my question & the waiter was quite miffed that I asked. I figured the food would be fresh but it sure wasn't. As a trained chef I make much better salsa & guacamole. The chicken was rubbery & the vegetables greasy & raw in my fajitas. Trying to pay the bill took forever

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank chefsandyp
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Best Mexican Food EVER! A MUST TRY in Savannah!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food & service at Tequila's Town were outstanding. We started with a pitcher of margaritas which were great. We then had the table side guacamole which was amazing. Our main course Arroz Texano was honestly the best Mexican food we ever had. All of us agreed that this is a MUST TRY while you are in Savannah if you like fresh, authentic Mexican food at a great price. A++.

• Visited October 2013