Tripadvisor
Savannah
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Review of Driftaway Cafe

Driftaway Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 940 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Driftaway Cafe specializes in "casual coastal cuisine" with an emphasis on flavor and fun! Driftaway Cafe was created out of the desire to serve the surrounding neighborhoods and businesses fresh local seafood in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Our vision was to offer our guests a quick bite to "eat out" or the opportunity to stay and "dine" whether or not it is a quick taco with a cold beer or one of our featured nightly entrees with a nice bottle of wine. We were set to open on September 11th, 2001! What a horrible day that was for all Americans. We postponed our opening so that terrible day would not be our anniversary. Needless to say, our first year was quite a challenge, but with the support of God, friends and family we continue to strive forward everyday. We specialize in made to order fresh local seafood dishes, fresh garden salads along with a variety of appetizers and sandwiches. Our talented Kitchen staff showcases their skills with nightly entree specials. We are known for our friendly atmosphere and our fun environment. We feature live music a few nights a week and have been blessed with a great staff and a regular repeat clientele! Driftaway Cafe Is a locally owned restaurant located near the Wormsloe Plantation and the historic Isle of Hope. Owners, Robyn and Michele, have been in business together for the last two decades in Savannah. They work hard as a team and have developed a great staff that have been taught to treat each person that walks through the doors not as just another customer, but as a guest in their own home. They work hard to instill a passion for food, fun, flavor and family into everyone they meet!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent fish and seafood dishes - flavorful and fresh. Casual, neighborhood atmosphere makes it an enjoyable place to sit a while for drinks and know that great food awaits. Husband and I have been there three times while visiting relatives and have never been disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly, accommodating staff. Great food, ample portions, all you could ask for in a really good casual restaurant. Bonus: it’s in a relaxed neighborhood well away from crowded downtown.

Date of visit: January 2020
Ilovehope, Owner at Driftaway Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review here on Trip Advisor. We are blessed to serve our wonderful community seven days a week and truly appreciate your business. I hope to serve you again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I met to celebrate mutual birthdays at this restaurant. He'd never been ot the Drift Away Cafe before. Since I always recommend it to first-timers, we both ordered the Baja Fish Taco sandwich which is amazing and more than enough. (We took half our meals home.) As an aside, I ordered the french fries "extra crisp" and they turned out to be the best I have had in many years--bar none!

Date of visit: January 2020

Thanks Stevve! Happy belated birthday! Thanks for thinking of Driftaway Cafe for your special occasions and for turning friends on to us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your Baja Fish Tacos and that you loved our fries. I appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good food, excellent service and a fun atmosphere. We always take visiting friends to Driftaway and we're never disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thanks Rob F! I will be sure and share your comments with my staff. I appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food and service were both perfect! We had the crab dip, fish and chips, and crab/ parmesion encrusted grouper. Will be back.

Date of visit: January 2020

Thanks Cindy H! I appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice five star review and I hope to serve you again soon.