“Not the best banana pudding on earth”

Sweet Potatoes Kitchen
Ranked #26 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cairo, Georgia
“Not the best banana pudding on earth”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stopped into Sweet Potatoes Kitchen on the way back home just to try their "best banana pudding on earth". Now don't get me wrong, the banana pudding was good but just not the best I have ever had. To someone who is not accustomed to eating this dessert a lot, I would say give Sweet Potatoes' unique version a try. Is it worth the long drive from the Historic District or $4.50 a serving? I say no. Please note I cannot comment on the rest of the menu or service since I only go the banana pudding to go.

2 Thank SBDFAN

fort myers, Florida and Cape cod , Massachusetts
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for dinner on our way from Miami to NC
The food is the best at amazing prices. Wonderful macaroni and cheese, great chicken choices.
Wish this restaurant was near my home.

3 Thank MaryW005
Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best banana pudding!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband had the pot roast and I had the meatloaf. Both were good- not outstanding, but good. But we both loved the banana pudding! We would go back for that. There is a sign outside quoting the Man vs. Food TV show saying, "Best banana pudding on earth!" We wholeheartedly agree. We would go back just for the banana pudding.

1 Thank Nancy M
Arlington, Virginia
“Off the beaten path Southern Comfort food--good, but probably not worth the drive from the historic district”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

It's across from a strip mall next to a gas station and we thought we might have found a hidden gem when we started with the sweet potato salad. Our waitress said the pot roast was the best she'd ever had--so we bit--and it was good, but the mashed potatoes were plain and drug the dish down a little, although the meat was slow cooked and very savory. We also had the meatloaf, which despite being baked in a peach BBQ sauce came across as fairly pedestrian. Unfortunately, the downside of the meal were the sides...all seemed quite a bit overcooked and the okra and tomatoes downright bland--we added salt, pepper and hot sauce and still couldn't find much taste. Service was superb and prices are great. The place purports to have the best banana pudding in the world, but neither of us felt like dessert. You can get beer here, but no mixed drinks or wine. If you're in the area, it may be worth a try, but there are a lot better offerings up in the historic district.

1 Thank ltw52
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The sides and desserts were fantastic! I had the catfish with tomatoes and okra and collard greens, yum! Loved the sweet potato fries, too. Very reasonable prices.

2 Thank Jenny P