“Disappointment” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Potatoes Kitchen

Sweet Potatoes Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been there a few times over the past year and each time has gotten worse. They have different cooks now so the food is super bland. They don't serve honey butter complementary now which was a big signature of their's. I had the almond encrusted chicken and it had no flavor. I had to dip mine in ketchup and put salt and pepper which I absolutely never do. The waitresses are standing around. Just a total different atmosphere from six months to a year ago. I pray for their success and hope they get their groove back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LovePrayEat

Savannah, Georgia
“Good clean southern cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Sweet Potatoes serves classic Southern cuisine, but without the fat and grease you expect with Southern food. I often order the grilled pork chop with collard greens and mashed potatoes or okra and tomatoes and leave feeling satisfied but not stuffed. If you are feeling less healthy, you can order the fried catfish and mac n' cheese. The food is a good value too.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank MLMJR
“Scrumptious food, awesome service, fantastic prices!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

After reading reviews, our group of 5 adults and 4 teens (all girls) decided to give it a try. Our waitress was extremely helpful with the menu and the food was incredible. We are in town for Encore Dance Nationals and will return again next year to dance. We will definitely be going back to Sweet Potatoes Kitchen!! Yummy!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank LyduaHardy
West Union, South Carolina
“If I lived in the area I would be a regular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is so nice to get a wonderful meal at a reasonable price and get good service . I would be a regular if I lived in the area. It makes more sense to search out places like this instead of over paying for a mediocre meal in the historic district. Many great choices on the menu. Enjoyed every bite.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sharonkaren
Alton, Illinois, United States
“Oh. My. :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I don't even think I like banana pudding, but I heard this place was famous for it. I'm glad we tried it because it was the single greatest dessert I've ever eaten. The food was delicious (I had steak, my husband a peach glazed chicken breast), the decor had a great homespun comfort about it, and the people were super nice. My sweet tea (which was also excellent) kept getting topped off and then when we were ready to leave, our server even gave us to go cups to take with us. I can't wait to go back.

Visited June 2013