“Fantastic Tapas!”

Jazz'd Tapas Bar
Ranked #24 of 887 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: MUST BE 18 YEARS TO ENTER Located in Savannah's Historic District, Jazz'd has set itself apart. A sultry underground hot spot unique to anything else in Savannah. Described as swank, sexy & sophisticated. This industrial chic restaurant offers more than just your typical dining or drinking experience. Step into this spacious below-street-level gathering place for a specialty martini at our sleek serpentine bar or join friends at a table and dine from a selection of eclectic Americanized Tapas. Featuring live entertainment 6 nights a week: blues, swing, jazz, or classic vocals in the style of Sinatra or Savannah's Johnny Mercer. Enjoy a night out at Jazz'd, a cool contemporary getaway.
Reviewed January 24, 2006

We visited Jazz'd early in the evening, so we missed the music, and it was very uncrowded. Our waiter was knowledgable, attentive and helpful. The caprese salad was delicious, the BBQ baby back ribs melted off the bone (but I'd order dry next time -- sauce a bit sweet. Prosciotto-wrapped asparagus surprised us, as the asparagus was large but very tender. Okay, I admit, I can't remember the fourth thing we ordered, but whatever it was, it was good! We recommend it.

1  Thank RosieRobot

Reviewed January 17, 2006

My husband and I ate here last month on a weekend getaway to Savannah - the food was absolutely delicious!!!!!

1  Thank Janiekins53
Reviewed November 17, 2005

Jazz? ha ha ha. When we visited in June 2005, we waited an hour for some southern jazz. We snacked on thai wings, which were very very good. But then the night become the funniest of our trip - a stoned older gentleman walked out, drink in hand, and started "playing" jazz.... on a piano synthesizer. Ha ha ha. Unbelievable!

2  Thank s d
Reviewed July 16, 2005

We just tried Jazz'd Tapas after years of saying we should. I am mad for waiting this long. A very comfortable feeling, intimate place with a nice but not insane tapas menu. Most people know what tapas was and what is is now in this country but if you don't it is basically appetizers, and at JT it is delicious, nicely varied, beautifully presented appetizers. The drinks were good and inexpensive (Stoli martini and glass of Pinot, each $5.50) and live music at a reasonable volume Thurs-Sat about 8. Go if you can fit it in, share one dish at a time and eat something you've never had before, you'll be glad you did.

3  Thank BrianO
Reviewed July 10, 2005

This place is a blast. We had never heard of Tapas. Basically you order appetizer sized portions of all kinds of different things. Mix and match, try diffent stuff, share with your partner, until your full. Each one is bout $8-$11 and they are pretty big. The Tapa's for two option is a great deal, you get soup or salad, 4 tappas, and two deserts for $45. I was worried I would not get full but I was stuffed. Also, didn't have to take 1/2 my wife's steak home in a box. The pork tenderloin was out of this world. Also, we got a mexican style chicken dish that was amazing. The Martini marinated Beef tenderloin was heavy on the blue cheese so be sure you like that kinda thing. French onion soup was great too.

Service was great, decor was very cool (its a Jazz place what do you expect).

Parking was interesting. Its right next to the city market which has a big garage. Do Not park there its a rip off. $8. Found a place on the street for free (you don't have to feed the meter on the weekend).

We had reservations at Sappire Grill and cancelled them to go to JAZZD. I am glad we did. Spent $60 instead of $180 and had a better time.

Only down side was that my wife's Cosmo was really strong. (Maybe the bartender was trying to help me out??)

2  Thank sceepe