“My favorite place for lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #420 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Savannah, Georgia
“My favorite place for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My absolute favorite place for lunch. I love their lunch buffet. They have about a dozen items (meat & vegetarian) it's all really good (and fresh) and it's all you can eat for only $10. I haven't eaten there for dinner yet, but as for lunch, it's great.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank unamatrix08

Savannah, GA
“Needs to be consistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have dined at this restaurant several times of the years with assorted friends and family. Our most recent experience was somewhat disappointing in that it was not as good as the previous dining experience. The meat in my lamb dish was cubed and did not seem all that flavorful, as it was swimming in sauce. The servings are adequate in size and can be ordered to whatever degree of spice ones palate desires.

The take-out order that we placed turned out to be disappointing when we got home and discovered it was not the saag paneer as ordered. The Tandoori chicken was on the dry side but flavorful.

I noted that the menu reflects price increases almost across the board, but it is not reflected in the quality of the dishes as we've come to expect.

Our waitress provided excellent service throughout our meal. We expressly requested this waitress as opposed to the waiter from a previous occasion who was most inattentive and unresponsive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yankeedoodles
“Hidden gem of exotic flavors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Closest I've found stateside to delicious food in India. I've eaten here for dinner full menu service and lunch buffet. Both have been worth it! The staff has consistently been attentive, the restaurant clean and decked out with Indian decor...even the tables and silverware seem to have flair of authentic India. I would enjoy the food if it were served on styrofoam plates!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Krazykras
Vermont
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Oh my, this was good Indian food. We ordered off the menu, had beer and wine and it still only came to $60 with 20% tip included. Good quality food and the staff are very helpful and friendly - about 6 different staff came to check with us and to make sure everything was good. Place was clean and well kept.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank SugarbabeVermont
Savannah, Georgia
“Super Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went for the buffet, and wow, it was sooo good! The atmosphere is beautiful and serene, the service friendly and attentive, the place was immaculate, and the price so reasonable at about $10 for all you can eat. Most importantly, the food was outstanding--there were 3 vegetarian choices (not sure when the earlier reviewer went, but if you add jasmine rice and salad bar/dessert, there was even more veg choices), and 3-4 entrees--all super flavorful and satisfying. I will DEFinitely be back--YUM!

Visited October 2012