“Great find!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Oh my, this was good Indian food. We ordered off the menu, had beer and wine and it still only came to $60 with 20% tip included. Good quality food and the staff are very helpful and friendly - about 6 different staff came to check with us and to make sure everything was good. Place was clean and well kept.

1  Thank SugarbabeVermont
There are newer reviews for Taste of India

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went for the buffet, and wow, it was sooo good! The atmosphere is beautiful and serene, the service friendly and attentive, the place was immaculate, and the price so reasonable at about $10 for all you can eat. Most importantly, the food was outstanding--there were 3 vegetarian choices (not sure when the earlier reviewer went, but if you add jasmine rice and salad bar/dessert, there was even more veg choices), and 3-4 entrees--all super flavorful and satisfying. I will DEFinitely be back--YUM!

1  Thank Digitalsandlapper
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Good food, great variety, well balanced flavour. I recently moved to Savannah and after frantically searching for Indian restaurants I came across 2 of them (yes there are only 2). 'Pakwan' and 'Taste of India'.
Being a bachelor any ready-made food goes with me, but being a vegetarian my options are always limited, and being a male buffet is what I always aim for :D The reviews were all over the place so I decided to try both the places before taking my pick. First came Taste of India (which happens to be right across from my office). The choices were disappointingly limited. 1 vegetable (very oily), 1 curry, 1 dal is all they had for a vegetarian. In all there were 7 dishes (veg + non-veg) including appetizers, main course and dessert. The taste was alright and the general look of servers and managers face wasn't welcoming or warm in any way.
Another day I decided to go to Pakwan. The moment I entered I knew I was in for a treat. Smiling faces to welcome me, courteous manager to tell me what's special in the buffet and tons of options to choose from. There were atleast 10 vegetarian dishes, 2 non-veg, in-house pickle & hot-sauce, raita, 3 desserts. My only regret is that I couldn't try everything because I was so full. The food was not oliy or hot at all so my american friends would definitely enjoy it. For the more adventurous there's always Indian hot-sauce.
Next time I have to eat Indian food in a restaurant I'm going to Pakwan even if it means having to travel a little beyond across my office.

1  Thank Piyush B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good indian fare is hard to find - this place will not disappoint! It isn't the best Indian I've ever eaten but so far everything that I've tried is good. They have a lunch buffet which consists of 5 different entrees and they deliver some naan to your table. Their dinner is much better (also more expensive) and definitely worth it. If you're hankering for Indian food, you can't go wrong here.

1  Thank skaut
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have eaten here a few times, two evening dining and one lunch buffet. I'm a brit and so have an indigenous taste for indian food - sadly that's somewhat difficult to find in Savannah. You know you're in for a treat at this restaurant the moment you walk through the door because you also see Indians eating there. Like most restaurants the food is better on the evening than the buffet. As service goes I had two really good experiences out of the three with polite, attentitive and courteous staff and one not so good - Message to the owner: If there's a half empty restaurant (that remained so) and a couple tell you they'd like to eat in the restaurant, not the bar - Kindly tell your staff to embrace that and not argue - Having to discuss the possibility of going to the Pakwan to leverage a table hardly makes for a relaxing dining experience.

1  Thank David G