“Great Service!”

Ranked #148 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Billy's Place welcomed our new chef and new menu in August of 2013. We are open Tuesday - Saturday at 4:30PM. Billy's has live piano music every Wednesday through Saturday from 6 - 9PM. On Friday and Saturday nights our house jazz band perfoms from 9 - 12. We are on the 2nd floor, however we have elevator access. Join us at Billy's Place for a great all around dining experience.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The service was excellent and the beer very cold! It was Sunday so the place filled up with locals that wanted to watch football. It was so nice to see how this place was a gathering place for the locals. I just had some onion rings and they were the best I ever had. Apparently they are double dipped. Awesome! I would love to live here just to visit this place on game day Sundays.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The service was the worst took 45 minutes just to get your appetizer and dinner came out cold my dinner was a steak. The waitress was more interested in the football game then doing her job. Then got the.bill and paid a lot for all this.

1  Thank Howzie
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The upstairs is a nice, quiet place to eat and enjoy a drink. Nice piano player and I loved the staff. Downstairs was a fun place to kick back and watch the game or enjoy some music. Excellent staff!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Pro's
1) Really good tapa's (we had 4)
2) Really nice setup with comfortable atmosphere. There was a lady and young girl playing the piano/singing.
3) Very friendly staff with excellent service. My glass of water was filled regularly.
4) Speaking of water. The water is very good. A lot of places have funny tasting water especially once the ice begins to melt. This was not the case with any of the 5 glasses I had.
5) The chocolate lava cake was a great finish to an excellent dinner.

Cons:
Most of the tables are the same height. They really need to be taller as it felt like the food was almost on my lap. There was at least 1 taller table that I saw, but I did not think it was worth moving to it.

In between:
The 4 tapas, 2 beers, and 1 dessert was just over $50 without tip. A little overpriced IMO, but I would rather pay a little more if it means great food and service. Which is exactly what we got.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I never do karaoke but everyone in the bar was doing it so I did. We had a blast and everyone was dancing even though I'm not really sure that was a dance floor!