“Great place for a burger”

Wet Willie's Savannah
Ranked #73 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Savannah is home to the world's greatest daiquiris! Great food, drinks and fun. We open at 9am with a delicious breakfast. Downtown is a "to-go drink" area so feel free to stroll the riverfront or downtown, delicious drink in hand! We're also kid-friendly, with a kid's menu until 8pm.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had lunch at Wet Willie's yesterday and it was our 5th or 6th choice, since Mrs Wilkes was closed, Lady and Sons booked, and several other places along the way packed with people. Even though it wasn't a spot we planned to visit, we were pleasantly surprised with the quick service and really great burgers. One daughter had the flaming burger (or something like that) and while it wasn't as hot as she was hoping for, the combination of pepper jack, hot sauce and pickled jalapenos had enough heat to make her happy. Our other daughter had the plain old cheeseburger and felt it was perfectly cooked and gobbled it up--granted, we were pretty hungry at that point! My husband had the low country burger with a fried green tomato and remoulade sauce. The burger was so moist that the bun was a bit soggy when it got to the table, but he scarfed it down anyway. I got the shrimp poboy and although I don't think the remoulade made it onto my sandwich, it didn't matter, since the shrimp were super fresh and very crispy. The burgers were all served with standard issue pub fries--crisp, but nothing amazing--but I had the pineapple slaw and it was really good--so good I plan to copy the recipe when we get home. The one thing we didn't try was a margarita from the ridiculously huge array of flavor options--it was just too hot outside, but I'd happily go back for another burger and a drink if we had the chance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,088)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's like a candy store for adults! Their wall has 15-20 different frozen alcoholic beverage choices. You can even have samples before you decide, and they even have a non-alcoholic choice.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stopped at Wet Willies for lunch today. Seated on 2nd floor, there was only one other table of people up there. Waiter was young blonde dude, maybe he was new, but took at least 10 minutes
For hiim to bring drinks to table, menus followed 5 minutes later. Ordered nachos and burgers. 40 minutes later nachos appeared with chicken instead of beef. Afraid to send back...it would be another 40 minutes. No utensils or plates. Burgers came 20 minutes later. Other people came during this. One couple finally walked to kitchen to ask what the deal was and took order to go. Table behind us gave him 5 minutes or they were canceling the order. Food was good but what's the deal with the service???

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at Wet Willie's,they give out tons of samples.There are so many choices to chose from.We were only their for the drinks.I visited this location several times, since it was my birthday. I'm so glad I finally got to try Wet Willie's.Great Service and Drinks!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Wet Willies several times for drinks in the past, but on this ocassion, we stopped in at lunch for a quick drink and decided to have lunch...we were not disappointed.

The menu was larger than a typical bar, but it was mase up of mostly bar food (sandwiches, burgers, wing etc). However, the food was better than that of your average bar. I was very pleased with my meal as were the others in my party.

Overall, there are other places on River Street that serve better cuisine than a bar, but there are few places that allow you the chance to wash down good food with a really delicious daiquiri.