“Fun, good food, prices fair”

Shell House Restaurant
Ranked #111 of 889 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is great. Sure, it's very casual, paper plates and quick service. We have visited numerous times as we drive south. It's a place to eat not to dine, people should get over thinking good shrimp and crab are inexpensive. Have a plate of peel-n-eat, a cold beer -toss the shells and trash into the Brut under the table. It's always busy, the servers are pleasant and any menu who has a dessert called "slap yo mama cake" has my vote for fun

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The prices were a little high then they brought it to us on paper plates! But it was well worth it. It was much more than we could eat and it was so good.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I ate here while traveling/staying at a nearby hotel. The food was good-I had the fried oysters and my wife had fried shrimp. The 'red rice' was tasty and I would recommend it. We did look at the menu on their website, but it did not include the 'main' menu.......I can see why, as it might scare some people away-very expensive. The prices were over priced by $3-$5 per entree. Oysters were $18.99, but it seems like, being a Florida resident and seafood lover, 13.99/14/99 would be more like it-same for the shrimp. I would not eat here again soley based on the prices. Staff was cordial but not overly friendly.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Growing up we always visited Savannah/Tybee and would always stop at the Crab Shack for some good seafood during our stays. Well last year my dad discovered this Seafood Restaurant and I have to say that it is the best seafood restaurant in Savannah and Tybee! They offer more of a selection and prices are slightly better.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Love the Shellhouse and visit it every time in Savannah. We love the steamed bucket of oysters and steamed shrimp and crab legs. (fried oysters and shrimp are great too!)We've eaten all over the country in all kinds of restaurants serving seafood and this has to be one of the best. Oysters are best in the cold water months--the ones with r's in the month name-the owner is there on the weekends and we always ask him how the oysters are and he always tells us the truth. Just good plain seafood, no fancy or romantic atmosphere but GREAT food. Good service. Wonderful sides. Cole slaw is great and we love the sausage. Well worth the price.