“It was ok”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Savannah's greatest dining room with a view! Watch the ships roll by Tubby's large outdoor deck on the riverfront. Serving a wide range of fresh catches, crabcakes, and fare for the land lovers, Tubby's cooks up breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily!
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We wished we had chosen a different place to eat our first night in Savannah. We were told by hotel staff to eat there so we waited in line for a table. We were sat by the swinging doors leading to the outside trash area of the restaurant. To make matters worst, the table next to us were a large group of men who were so loud that they actually hurt our ears. The food was fair, my potato was cold and undercooked, so I asked for another one, rushed out to us to say the least. I suppose that was a good thing as we needed to get the heck out of there. Not a first good impression. We were told by some our friends when we came home that it wasn't their favorite either. Oh well, we know there are some people that must love the place because they sure were busy!

There are newer reviews for Tubby's Seafood

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Sit on the balcony and enjoy their great food. Love the spicy shrimp appetizer!
Take in the riverfront shops and then stop in at Tubbys for some great food. We love both locations in Savannah.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am a concierge and my guests all ask "Where's the best seafood." Well, they all want to go to the Crab Shack. I say, if you want to drive that far, avoid the tourist trap that is the Crab Shack, and try Tubby's on Thunderbolt. If you are on River Street and want seafood, stop in to Tubby's on the River!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I liked everything about this palce, we sat outside on the upstairs balcony and overlooked the crowds & river. The food and drinks were very very good. The waiter was a local and he was friendly and fast and helpful with questions we had. I was in a bad mood when I got there (pms) but that changed at Tubbys Thank you :) I was a happy guest.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

A great river front restaurant. The sea food was wonderful and the balcony overlooking the river was fun.