“Traditional Pub Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Six Pence Pub

Six Pence Pub
Ranked #39 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Riverview, Florida
“Traditional Pub Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went for an early dinner New Years Eve so we arrived before the crowd. We were promptly seated and given menus. The food choices were all so yummy I had a hard time choosing. I ended up getting Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. I ordered the gravy on the side because I am really not a gravy fan but let me tell you this gravy was amazing!!! I actually asked for a second helping! It was so good and flavorful! My husband ordered the Guiness Beef Stew in bread bowl. It looked really nice and came with a little side salad. It was all good as he had nothing left. I am sure we will be back when we go back to Savannah again!

Cary, North Carolina
“Good food, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had the spinach and artichoke soup. It was delicious. I also shared the eclair for two...it was huge and very yummy. The only bad thing was single bathroom.

Visited January 2014
Rincon, Georgia
“Great food, and katina was awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We really enjoyed our food but our bartendar katina made our day. The trip into savannah was well worth it after our experience with Katina, she truly is a asset to the establishment. This is a pub we hope to revisit.

Panama City, Florida
“Not bad overall. Service ok, food pretty good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ate here at lunch on a Friday, and expected there to be a crowd. We weren't disappointed in that, for sure. However, they had seats at the bar, so that's where we sat. The bartender was knowledgeable, and was busy. She was nice to us, but like I said, she was very busy.

The beer and liquor selection was impressive, although they didn't carry Woodpecker Cider, which mildly surprised me, for a British Pub. My Black & Tan was good, though.

Unfortunately, the food took forever to arrive. My wife commented that it felt to her that they were doing it on purpose, because we were sitting at the bar, so we'd order more drinks. When we didn't, the food appeared, as if by magic. It was an odd coincidence.

The food was pretty good. I had bangers and mash, and they were really good. In fact, I ordered the collard greens as one of my sides, and they were the best I've ever had (and I'm an old southern boy!). My wife's food was "Meh", according to her, and the appetizer of baked brie and berries was tasty, but way WAY overpriced!

The price was a little elevated, which didn't surprise me, and I wasn't disappointed in it. It has a great authentic looking interior with interesting knick-knacks on the wall. We did enjoy ourselves, but will probably try one of the other Pubs in town next time, for comparison.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Sarasota, Florida
“bangers and mash were dreamy!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

atmosphere was wonderful, bar was packed & fun. A perfect get away with laughter, great food & friends....we all had a grand time!

Visited December 2013