“Good British Pub Food”

Six Pence Pub Savannah
Ranked #41 of 883 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a great place to stop in for a Strongbow and some Shepherd's Pie. We stopped for lunch so it wasn't very crowded. There were more people at the bar than in the seated restaurant tables. It was a quick meal and exactly what I expected. I love a good shepherd's pie!

There are newer reviews for Six Pence Pub Savannah

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I stopped in for a quick lunch today after a recommendation from a tour guide at the Juliette Low house and I'm glad we did. I had the plowman's lunch, something I haven't had since I was in the UK and it was simple but great--French onion soup, a crisp salad with good ranch dressing, a hunk of good French bread, a wedge of cheddar cheese and some really good English pickle. My husband had the smoked salmon BLT on pumpernickel and said it was excellent--the only thing it was missing was cream cheese and capers, but it was still really nice. It came with a side of really flavorful garlicky potato salad--also great. One daughter had the shepherd's pie--she said it was good, but not great--it was lacking a little spice/seasoning for her taste. Our other daughter had the beef and Guinness and while she liked the flavor, felt it was missing meat--she couldn't find many chunks in there. It also had a decent atmosphere, friendly staff, and quick service, so I absolutely recommend it for a great pub lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stopped in for a cocktail and a bite with the wife. Sat at the bar and was immediately greeted and welcomed by the bartender. This restaurant is smaller than it looked but had plenty of room at the bar. The bangers and mash were top notch. Good pour on the drinks also. Would definitely return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We shared a bowl of Guinness stew and were very pleased. Good beers to select from, and the service was great.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

For a "pub" it had shockingly few beers on draft, which was a let down. But the food portions were large and the beer was cold. It was a nice stop for a bit.

1  Thank ShazDenise