“Slow service on a slow afternoon”
Review of Belford's Savannah

Belford's Savannah
Reserve with OpenTable
Belford's Savannah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 876 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Montgomery Street
Savannah, GA
“Slow service on a slow afternoon”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch at Belford's as part of a group of about a dozen people. The food was good but the service was incredibly slow, especially for me. As a group we had a set menu of about 8 choices and I picked what should have been the easiest dish to prepare, fried flounder with a side of grilled vegetables. It took an hour before the first entrees arrived and then the rest came out one and two at a time. Finally everyone had been served but me and the waitress had to check to make sure I had not been forgotten. This is not acceptable service, especially when the restaurant appeared to be very slow at Noon. We were in a separate room with 2 dedicated servers so the problem had to be in the kitchen. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry to get back to the office and my order finally appeared after everyone else was half finished with theirs.

BelfordsSavannah, Owner at Belford's Savannah, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your group had slow service. We will certainly look into this and use it to improve our guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we do value your information.

• Arabic first
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Great Value- restaurant week”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had the 'restaurant week' special -- tilapia on polenta--excellent!
Husband had the best shrimp & grits!--well known for this dish!
Service(Michael) was great--attentive & informative

Visited January 2013
1 Thank DHgardener
So glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience at our restaurant during Winter Restaurant Week. We worked hard to come up with a great menu for that event! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope you'll dine again with us soon.
Philadelphia PA
“Pleasant dining in a converted feed store”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch at Belford's based on a tip from the folks at the Visitor Center. In its former life, the restaurant housed a feed store and once belonged to a local Hebrew congregation! The exposed brIck walls are lined with photographs and paintings that show the building's history. The lunch menu was extensive - standouts were the she-crab stew and the fried shrimp Po Boy. Our server Ebony was friendly and attentive.

BelfordsSavannah, Owner at Belford's Savannah, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We appreciate you dining with us. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We hope you had a wonderful visit to Savannah and come back to see us.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Must go!! Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was there on Sundy celebrating my bday!!! Its a must go place the eggsbenedictine are super yummy the service is amazing and of couse the pancakes we also has the berryes and crem for dessert with honey and I got an extra mimosa for my bday!!!!

• Visited January 2013
BelfordsSavannah, Owner at Belford's Savannah, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We are delighted to hear you had a great experience on your birthday. We hope you join us again.

Belford's Savannah
GA
“Soooo slow. Food was okay.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We went on a Friday evening while we were in town for a conference. We were with a very large group. The meal was planned well in advance, as we had special menus with three entrees from which to choose. Even with the limited menu, the service was the slowest I've ever experienced. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to eat. I would have been more understanding if we had come in with a large group unannounced or even with just a reservation, but the party was planned, and Belford's should have had more staff for our event. I felt so sorry for our poor server. She did the best she could.
The bread is delicious! I had the fried green tomatoes, which were good. Very crispy and seasoned well. The salad was not bad but nothing special. My she crab soup was pretty good, but it was not very hot. I ordered my steak medium rare, and it was over-cooked. My husband's was under-cooked. We weren't the only ones at our table who had a problem. We had the white-chocolate cheesecake, and it was good.
I would be willing to try it again, but for their prices, Belford's food would have to be a lot better next time to be worth it!

Visited January 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your dining experience. We do appreciate your business. Please note that the group was confirmed for 45 and 66 showed up so there may have been a bit of confusion. We do hope your group will dine with us again and we'll be sure to work with the host to make sure of a timely dinner. Thanks again for your feedback, we truly do appreciate it.